The multi-axis sensor marketÊwas valued at USD 0.61Êbillion in 2019, and is expected to reach a value of USD 2.14Êbillion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 23.62 % over the forecast period of 2020-2025. The increase in technological advancement is driving the multi-axis sensor market.
- The advancements in technology enabling effective components at a lighter and smaller size, swift rise of unmanned vehicles in both the defense and civil applications and the increasing applications based on motion sensing are driving the multi-axis sensor market.
- The increase in adoption of applications based on motion sensing will drive the multi-axis sensor market. However, complexity in integrating them within existing systems is restraining their adoption.
- Nevertheless, a high-performance sensor fusion to improve the accuracy of multi-axis sensor systems in order to enable new emerging and highly-demanding applications, such as indoor navigation and location-based services like IoT, and location-based services, are expected to offer significant growth potential to the market.
Scope of the Report
Multi-Axis sensors with a single load cell measure multiple forces and moments simultaneously. These sensors provide multiple bridges which measure the applied force or torques along multiple vector axes precisely from one direction with a little force or moment.
Key Market Trends
Incorporation of MEMS Sensors in Consumer Electronics Segment to Drive the Market
- Introduction of micro electro mechanical systems (MEMS) has benefited the consumer electronic devices like smartphones and tablets. Since the growth of consumer electronics is rapidly increasing the worldwide MEMS market has entered the high growth phase.
- MEMS often encompass accelerometers, gyroscopes, and microphones. While high-end smartphones and tablets continue as primary markets for multi-axis sensors, wearables, gaming, navigation, imaging, and virtual reality headsets are rapidly growing.
- MEMS sensors are also quickly becoming an expected feature in portable and handheld consumer electronics devices, given the number of ways it can enhance usability.
- For instance, the ability to sense tilt, rotation, and gestures is becoming a standard feature of gaming peripherals. Portable devices are using MEMS to determine in which direction to display text and images so that users can view them from the right angle. Multi-axis MEMS sensors are hence adopted in consumer electronics to fulfill these requirements.
North America Account for Significant Market Share
- Owing to its technologically advanced industries and propelling consumer electronics industry, North America dominates the market. The US accounts for the major share in the North American market owing to the increasing smartphone and gaming consoles penetration in the country.
- Moreover, the increasing investments in the defense sector are also creating a need for gyroscopes and IMUs (Inertial Measurement Unit).
- Also, high-performance inertial sensors and systems is a dynamic market segment, as an ever-increasing number of platforms require stabilization, guidance, or navigation functions.
- Thus, with increased defense spending, technological developments can lead to innovations in various sensors.
The major players include Honeywell International, L3 Communications, Parker Hannifin, Trimble Navigation, STMicroelectronics, Interface Inc, among others. The market is fragmented because of the high competition in the market. Therefore, the market concentration will be low.
- December 2018 - BCM's multi-grid strain gauges for multi-axis force/torque sensor were used for the robots for modern manufacturing purpose. Hence, BCM Sensor's Model 8691 provided the compact and customized metal foil strain gauges for multi-axis sensors applications.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Technological Advancements Giving Rise to Innovative Products
4.3.2 Increasing Applications Based on Motion Sensing
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Complex Nature of Integration in Existing Systems and Need for Ancillary Components
4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 MEMS Gyroscopes
5.1.2 MEMS Accelerometers
5.1.3 Digital Compass
5.1.4 Motion Sensor Combos
5.1.5 Other Types
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Consumer Electronics
5.2.3 Aerospace & Defense
5.2.4 Medical & Healthcare
5.2.6 Other Applications
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Honeywell International Inc.
6.1.2 Parker Hannifin
6.1.3 L3 Communications
6.1.4 Trimble Navigation Ltd.
6.1.6 Interface Inc.
6.1.7 Moog Inc.
6.1.8 Jewell Instruments LLC
6.1.9 HBM Inc.
6.1.10 Aeron Systems
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.