Evolving Market Access Strategies - Pricing and Reimbursement Landscape in Major Developed Pharmaceutical Markets
GBI Research's latest report, "Evolving Market Access Strategies - Pricing and Reimbursement Landscape in Major Developed Pharmaceutical Markets" assesses developments within the key elements of market access such as Health Economics and Outcome Research (HEOR), Health Technology Assessment (HTA) as well as pricing and reimbursements strategies for pharmaceutical products. This new report also discusses the need to integrate market access strategies earlier into the drug development process, in order to save time and costs related to conducting additional studies to prove the added benefits of a product. Additionally, our new study analyses the role of HTAs in market access and alternatives that could be used in cases where there is limited evidence. Detailed analysis of pricing and reimbursement policies in North America, five key European countries and Japan are also included in this report along with a myriad of relevant case studies. In order to gain optimum market access, companies have to analyze the economic benefit of the treatment, the level of competition and the required reimbursement support.
Payers continue to play an important role in market access. Products are increasingly being rejected for reimbursement, adversely affecting the market share of these products.
- What strategies can pharmaceutical companies implement in order to overcome these challenges?
HEOR plays a critical part in market access
- How does HEOR help internal decision making?
- How can a systemic value development plan (SVDP) optimize HEOR?
- How do cost-effectiveness analyses play a role in the commercial success of a new product?
HTA has gained importance in reimbursement decisions
- What are the different concepts and general processes involved in HTA?
- What are the key benefits of HTA?
Pricing and reimbursement are the key elements of market access
- What are the most important factors considered in pricing decisions?
- What are the pricing and reimbursement policies in the US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan?
Key Reasons to Purchase
This report will allow you to -
- Gain insights into current market access strategies and evolving approaches: This report describes fundamental concepts about market access, its key elements and the evolving landscape in key markets.
- Understand the role of HEOR in market access and pricing: This report provides insights about role of HEOR in market access and the different economic aspects measured in these studies.
- Understand HTA and its role in reimbursement: This includes detailed analysis on the benefits of HTA in market access, the various dimensions of HTA as well as case studies that highlight the role of these studies in the potential commercial success of a product.
- Review the involvement of Risk Sharing Agreements (RSAs) in market access: Includes details about the involvement of a RSA when there is limited evidence available for conducting HTAs as well as the various approaches involved in RSAs
- Understand pricing of pharmaceutical products in the US: Includes pricing policies in the US along with the impact of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on pricing decisions. Specific case studies deliver analyses of the current market access landscape in the US.
- Assess pricing and reimbursement in Europe and Japan: Includes pricing and reimbursement policies in five key European countries and Japan. Specific case studies demonstrate critical market access factors to be considered in these countries.
Health Economic and Outcomes Research (HEOR)
A Systemic Value Development Plan for HEOR
Types of Economic Evaluations
Overview of Cost-Effectiveness Analysis
Quality-Adjusted Life Year in HEOR
Pharmacoeconomic Modelling Methods
Health Technology Assessment (HTA) in Market Access
Key Benefits of HTA
Process and Dimensions of HTA
Principle HTA Regulatory Agencies
Risk Sharing Agreements When Limited Evidence is Available for HTA
Pricing and Reimbursement
Factors Affecting Pricing Decision
Pricing of a New Drug
Pharmaceutical Pricing Policies in the US
Impact Of Affordable Care Act on Market Access
Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policies in Canada
Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policies in Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain)
Parallel Trade in Europe
Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policies in Japan
Economic Analysis Alongside Clinical Trials
Harmonization of Drug Approval and Marketing for Effective Market Access
Key Challenges for Achieving Optimum Market Access
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.