The Clickstream Analytics Market was valued at USD 947.65 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 2157.90 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 14.7% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026. As the population is inclining towards e-commerce and digital revolution is underway, companies are adopting clickstream analytics solutions to track customer's online journey and provide customized offering.
- A major factor driving the market is the rapid adoption of mobile technology that is providing multiple digital touch points to the companies that require to be assessed and analyzed. These techniques have enabled companies leverage clickstream analytical insights to develop new products, enhance present product portfolio and improve their websites and applications to reduce customer churn and increase customer satisfaction.
- Upcoming data privacy acts safeguard customers behaviour online and fine heavy penalties on companies violating this law. For instance, New York Privacy Act, suggested in June 2019 will allow New Yorkers to find out what data is collected on them and with whom the data is being shared. State residents will also gain the right to request any personal data be corrected or deleted, and ask that companies not share or sell that data with any third parties.
Key Market Trends
Retail Industry to Dominate the Market
- To stay competitive in the growing e-commerce market and to address customer requirements and behavior there is a greater demand for clickstream analytics to analyze the behavior of users of a web site, segment the site traffic and gather data based on user attributes, including demographic data and purchase history.
- Various customer tendencies are often measured by some standard metrics like their visit durations, search terms, ISPs, countries, browsers, etc. The process can enable a company to know what visitors are thinking about.
- Salesforce predicted in 2018 that more purchases will be made with mobile phones during the holiday season than any other devices. Thus clickstream analytics is expected to grow for smartphones segment.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Highest Growth
- Asia is a major player in the changing retail landscape due to rise in e-commerce startups.
- China leads the e-commerce market with Alibaba recently opening a pop-up store in Australia and reflecting the ‘phygital’ trend towards digitally-enhanced offline experiences. Clickstream analytics will help to measure the success of such initiatives.
- The APAC region is diverse and unique and made up numerous different cultures, traditions, and languages and a complex digital landscape. In order to be successful, brands need to be aware of these differences and adapt their marketing strategies accordingly. To contribute in the same, clickstream technologies will analyze customer's behaviour and help brands personalise offerings for each customer.
The market is fragmented with many legacy players and new players rolling out cost-effective solutions to help companies process and analyze data in real time and at scale.
- June 2019 - Data analytics startup IQLECT announced ShopIQ. The “enterprise-grade” analytics platform uses machine learning and predictive analytics to help online sellers provide real-time, 1-on-1 customer personalization to improve conversions and sales.
- January 2019 - Fastly, an edge cloud platform provider teamed with Microsoft planned to create a customer-facing solution for real-time analysis on high-volume click-stream data, based on Azure Data Explorer (ADX).
- October 2018 - Astronomer, creator of Apache Airflow platform, announced successful completion of its streaming data routing (“Clickstream”) division into the newly created MetaRouter, which would provide SaaS, private cloud and on-premise data routing solutions for organizations requiring enhanced security and flexibility.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Rapid Adoption of Mobile Technology Providing Multiple Digital Touchpoints is Encouraging the Market Growth
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Data Privacy Laws are Limiting the Market Growth
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Offering
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Click Path Optimization
5.2.2 Website/Application Optimization
5.2.3 Customer Analysis
5.3 By End-user Industry
5.3.2 Media & Entertainment
5.3.3 Telecom & IT
5.3.5 Transport & Logistics
5.3.6 Energy & Utilities
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Adobe Systems Incorporated
6.1.2 Oracle Corporation
6.1.3 Google LLC
6.1.4 IBM Corporation
6.1.5 Microsoft Corporation
6.1.6 SAP SE
6.1.7 Connexity inc.
6.1.8 Hewlett Packard Enterprise
6.1.9 Jumpshot Inc.
6.1.10 Splunk Inc.
6.1.11 Talend, Inc.
6.1.12 Verto Analytics Inc.
6.1.13 WebTrends Corporation
6.1.14 Vlocity, Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.