The global sports management software market was valued at USD 5.43 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 12.53 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 14.82%, during 2021-2026. With the global sports industry often growing faster than many country’s national GDP, the need to run clubs and associations as organized businesses with the ensuing levels of management, is one of the major factor driving the demand for the global sports management software market.
- In sports management programs, the software and services are emerging as a significant factor for the Sports manager and are becoming significant factors on which clubs and businesses are leveraging competitive advantage.
- Applications such as team and training management, match-performance analysis, game scheduling, online registrations, competition management, etc., are mainly boosting the adoption.?
- For instance, in June 2019, SportsEngine, a US-based provider of Sport Relationship Management software, was selected as the official provider of background checks for the Ohio South Youth Soccer Association’s comprehensive Player Safety Program.
- The outbreak of the COVID -19 pandemic brought disruption to sports as a whole, and fans' ability to experience live sporting events was heavily impacted in 2020 . Simultaneously, the pandemic stimulated the demand for engaging technologies and underpinned by a scalable hybrid cloud . But the demand is expected to see upsurge in future with a kink in long run.
Key Market Trends
Event Management and Scheduling to Hold a Significant Market Share
- The event management and scheduling software eliminates the possibility of wastage of time in administrative duties and provide coaches with team management tools to use as they formulate tactics and build complex strategies.
- The market witnessed sports governing bodies and associations collaborating with the software vendors for comprehensive sports management solutions. For instance, Oklahoma Soccer Association, a national state association of the United States Soccer Federation announced a technology partnership with TeamSnap in August 2019.
- MonClubSportif, a cloud-based sports league management solution, is designed for sports teams and organizations, coaches, players, schools, and more. Key features of the solution include scheduling, game results tracking, availability management, automatic reminders, player information, and statistics.
- Sports events often involve huge revenue factors that make planning and managing sports events a complex task, thereby generating the need for the sports industry to organize the activities of sports clubs, leagues, and associations.
North America to Hold Largest Market Share
- North America is home to various sports such as Soccer, Rugby, Hockey, Basketball and baseball as well as sports leagues is among the significant factors driving the market. ?
- Youth sports organizations are also instrumental in embracing sports management software. Further, vendors in this region provide solutions across a wide range of sports. USA-based Visual ClubMate allows the user to manage fields or courts of any sport, such as underwater hockey or chess boxing.
- For instance, Active Network Sports is helping league and club administrators such as Sammamish Rowing Associations, Clifton Park Youth Hockey Association and Upper Makefield Basketball to automate and streamline their sports registrations for time saving.
- In July 2018, The Governing body of Table Tennis Canada and SportLoMo, a software provider of sports technology, partnered to introduce new technology features across all facets of the sport from Online Registration, Membership and Game Management to Player Participation. This highlights the growing demand for sports management software market in Canada. ?
The growing collaboration between the studied market vendors and sports teams & clubs is augmenting the studied market growth. Many market vendors are also adopting partnership and acquisition strategies for inorganic growth in the studied market. This is not only helping them in geographical expansion but is also anticipated to enhance the innovations in the studied market.
- Sepetember 2020 - US-based SportsEngine, Inc., formed a partnership with MaxOne, a Virtual Coaching Platform (VCP) for youth sports programs. and aims to enrich and extend the youth sports experience, providing training technology for virtual programming, coaching, drills, and engagement.m tools and web design packages.
- August 2020 - Stack Sports announced partnership with TapNPay+ to launch a new mobile payments app that gives back while you spend. This partnership has been announced in the wake of Covid -19 to facilitate payments.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Growing Investment in Sports Industry?
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Data Security Issue
4.5 Significant Market Trends
4.6 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2.1 Event Management and Scheduling
5.2.2 Marketing Management
5.2.3 Client Management
5.2.4 Other Applications
5.3.1 North America
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Omnify Inc.
6.1.2 Sports Engine Inc.
6.1.3 Jonas Club Software
6.1.5 Active Network LLC
6.1.7 Stack Sports
6.1.9 SquadFusion Inc.
6.1.10 Jersey Watch
6.1.11 SAP SE
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.