The Underwater Lighting market is expected to record a CAGR of 3.7% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). The underwater lighting is used for the decoration purpose in the pools or recreational ponds. The underwater lights are also installed for aesthetic water-featured landscaping.
- Underwater lights are installed in swimming pools of residential apartments, sports facilities, hotels, and spas. Keeping the pools illuminated makes them attractive and safe for use. The lights are also installed in pools to create a pleasant atmosphere, thus, making it suitable to use pools round-the-clock. These lights create a specific light effect during the night that makes the surrounding more beautiful.
- LEDs are increasingly gaining traction for underwater lighting, and they are taking over as the industry standard. As compared to other lighting source, LEDs are inherently efficient with a long expected lifetime. For instance, Edmonds Pool and Community Centre in Canada is taking advantage of LED technology like other facilities. LED fixtures are used in the aquatic area in overhead lane lighting to guide swimmers and color-changing installations inside the pool tanks.
- In line with the growing adoption of LED lights in the underwater lighting market, companies such as Jandy, in 2018, launched Jandy Pro Series WaterColors Nicheless LED lights. These LEDs to allow pool owners to set the mood with nine vibrant colors and five color-changing light shows.
Key Market Trends
LED is Expected to Hold a Significant Share
- LEDs have evolved as a major lighting technology as they are environmentally more beneficial as compared to halogen lights in terms of power consumption, durability, and longevity. LEDs are also safe as they do not get heated and can easily be switched on/off without waiting for them to cool down. They ensure energy-saving and require less maintenance.
- When compared to the electricity required to run a pool's pumps, lighting consumes a very small amount of energy, but, it cannot be neglected. With the push toward LEED and the growing trend towards green technology, people are turning towards LED-style lighting. The LED has revolutionized swimming pool lighting. The LED can produce the same amount of light as a 100-watt halogen bulb while using only six watts of power. This is because LEDs convert all the energy it uses into light rather than some of it being converted into heat.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Experience a Rapid Growth
- The growing number of swimming pool construction projects in the region due to its thriving tourism industry and the development of luxurious residential complexes endowed with modern amenities, most often with large pools is expected to propel the demand for the underwater lighting market.
- The tourism sector is also impacting the growth of the construction sector in the region. The region is also aware of the fact that the priority for tourists is comfort with better amenities such as pools and spas. For instance, Bali accounts for more than 2,500 hotels with a pool.
- Singapore attracted 18.5 million visitors in 2018, a 6.2% increase from the previous year, according to the Singapore Tourism Board. This increasing number can result in the construction of new hotels, more elegant and luxurious than before. This, in turn, will provide ample opportunities to the underwater lighting market.
The underwater lighting market is competitive and consists of several players. With the LED lighting gaining popularity as a lighting source for underwater lighting, companies are continuously investing in this technology. Companies are also increasing their market presence by expanding their operations, or by entering into strategic mergers and acquisitions.
- July 2019 - S.R. Smith launched a new category of the pool and spa lighting, called as the Mod-Lite. The company's Mod-Lite system provides an update to the LED lighting and maintenance. Mod-Lite combines modular design with wireless power technology to offer better convenience, safety, and savings.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Demand for Underwater Lights in Pools and for Aesthetic Water-Featured Landscaping
4.2.2 Government Initiatives to Support Adoption of LEDs
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Initial Costs
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Lighting Source
5.1.2 Other Lighting Sources (Halogen, Incandescent Lights)
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Swimming Pools
5.2.3 Other Applications
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Lumitec LLC
6.1.2 Signify Holding (Koninklijke Philips N.V.)
6.1.3 Cooper Industries (Eaton Corporation)
6.1.4 Hydrel (Acuity Brands Inc.)
6.1.5 Hayward Industries Inc.
6.1.6 Huaxia Lighting Co. Ltd
6.1.7 Global Light & Power LLC
6.1.8 G1 Energy Solutions Private Limited
6.1.9 Wibre-Elektrogerate Edmund Breuninger GmbH & Co. KG
6.1.10 Dabmar Lighting Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.