The Production Printer Market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.26% during the forecast period over the forecast period, 2021 - 2026. New technology innovations, the growing number of profitable business models, and the continuing shift to just-in-time production are anticipated to fuel the market over the forecast period.
- Commercial printers are focusing on investing in digital and inkjet printing to offer customers wide- format and industrial printing applications. This indicates that digital production equipment must be profiled and calibrated for a new set of materials, including ceramics, wood, vinyl, plastics, thin films, cardboard, textiles, glass, metal, paper, and more.
- Inkjet printing gained traction in recent years. There have been a few Continuous Feed (CF) inkjet installations at commercial printers globally. Some of them are Hansaprint in Finland, Zalsman in the Netherlands, Eversfrank, Haberbeck, Esser, and Walter Digital in Germany, Poligrafico Roggero & Tortia in Italy, ProCo, DG3, and Severn in the United Kingdom.
- The inclusion of customized marketing messages in promotional and marketing strategies is serving as one of the drivers in the production printers' industry. This is creating a significant demand for personalized printing content, which is being catered by commercial printing companies that use digital printing technologies.
- Such technologies include variable data printing (VDP) that enables the customization of images, text, and graphics on each printed piece of their content. The short-run self-publishing industry's steady prominence results in high demand for digital printing due to its beneficial aspects, such as order flexibility, optimized stock handling, and minimization of time-to-market for printed content. This would also contribute to the market study.
- The growing advertising needs of enterprises across the world, along with extensive technological proliferation, currently represent the key factors driving market growth. Organizations are increasingly adopting commercial printers as they are more cost-effective and efficient for bulk printing.
- According to the GroupM, prominent advertising, and media company, it was estimated that advertising spending worldwide surpassed USD 560 billion in 2019, representing a growth of roughly 4% compared with the previous year.
Key Market Trends
Growth of Printing Applications in Packaging is Expected to Drive Growth
- Packaging applications are among the major sources of demand for production printers, as digital package printing has become more mainstream. Product manufacturers are increasingly addressing focused groups of buyers through increasingly customizing cardboard boxes and labels.
- Packaging gained high importance. While many printers and converters have used their printing systems for digital label production, in 2020, folding cartons and flexible packaging are expected to become increasingly focused. With tactile elements on packaging materials and creatively designed outer packaging, brand owners further focus on driving the consumers' attention on their products.
- The developed markets offer opportunities based on product differentiation. Consumers in the developed markets are willing to pay a premium for differentiation. Packaging can help in changing the perception of a product and acts as a price driver. This, in turn, is expected to create great print packaging opportunities by creating demands in innovation and design advances.
- The growth of e-commerce is expected to drive the demand for better packaging solutions worldwide. This is expected to drive the Production Printing solutions in packaging to meet the needs of this market where competition is very high. The evolution of e-commerce is expected to create demands for printing methods that can match the speed, volumes, and standardization that this industry demands.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to be the Fastest Growing Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market for Production Printing with India, Indonesia, and Vietnam showing high growth rates markets. According to the CII (Confederation of Indian Industry), India is anticipated to become the fifth largest consumer market by 2025. According to an ASSOCHAM-EY joint study, the printing and packaging industry in India is anticipated to grow to USD 72.6 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 18%.
- Also, All India Federation of Master Printers (AIFMP) anticipates that the country consists of more than 250,000 MSMEs and large printers. The data from AIFMP also suggests that commercial printing in the country is increasing at an annual rate of around 10%, while digital printing is expanding at a robust growth rate of 30%.
- The country's packaging industry's significant growth is anticipated to contribute to the growth of the market studied. According to the Indian Printing, Packaging, and Allied Machinery Manufacturers' Association (IPAMA), the packaging industry is anticipated to continue to grow as a result of rapid changes being undertaken by the industry players. The e-commerce boom and organized retail sector in the country offer massive potential for the future growth of packaging, consequently supporting the commercial printing industry.
- The region has been witnessing investments in new manufacturing facilities and new product launches. According to the Worldwide Market for Print 2.0 published by the Association for Print Technologies (APTech), India is anticipated to be the fastest-growing market for publishing at a CAGR of 8.1% per year USD 1.2 billion of revenue from 2017 to 2021.
The Production Printer Landscape is a highly consolidated market with a few players dominating the market. The market entry barriers for the vendors are very high, and hence established players with deep pockets dominate the market. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
- In January 2020 - Ricoh, a Japanese company, announced the start of the new manufacturing organization, Ricoh Manufacturing (China) Ltd, in April 2020. With the launch of production at the new manufacturing organization, existing production sites in China will be reorganized. Production at Ricoh Asia Industry (Shenzhen) Ltd was expected to end in the spring of 2020, and production at Ricoh Components & Products (Shenzhen) Ltd is likely to finish in the fall of 2020.
- In October 2019 - Canon announced the launch of the imagePRESS C165, a new addition to the imagePRESS series of color production printers. Supporting diverse output and in-house printing, the printer offers a high-productivity output of 65 pages per minute (ppm) when producing A4 documents in landscape mode, while requiring a small installation area similar to that of an office multi-function device.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions? and Market Definition?
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Production Printer Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Introduction to Market Dynamics?
5.2 Market Drivers?
5.2.1 Growth of Printing Applications in Packaging is Expected to Drive Growth
5.2.2 Increasing Inkjet Sales due to Introduction of High- performance Inkjet Printers
5.3 Market Restraints
5.3.1 Growth of Digital Marketing and the Practice of Online Reading
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.2 By Production Method
6.2.1 Cut Fed
6.2.2 Continuous Feed
6.3 By Technology
6.4 By Application
6.5.1 North America
6.5.3 Asia Pacific
6.5.4 Latin America
6.5.5 Middle East & Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Xerox Corporation
7.1.2 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
7.1.3 Ricoh Company Ltd
7.1.4 Canon Inc.
7.1.5 Eastman Kodak Company
7.1.6 Konica Minolta, Inc.
7.1.7 Miyakoshi Printing Machinery Co.,Ltd.
7.1.8 Inca Digital Printers Ltd. (Dainippon Screen Mfg. Co., Ltd)
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET?
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.