The Circuit Breaker & Fuses Market was valued at USD 7.392 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 10.020 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 5.2% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026.The circuit breaker & fuses market is expected to prosper owing to the increasing need for upgradation to efficient networks along with renewable energy connectivity. The market for circuit breakers and fuses is growing over the forecast period due to rising demand for advanced equipment in electronics, automotive and telecommunication segments owing to increasing safety concerns related to short circuits and damage because of power fluctuations. Increasing access to electricity in emerging countries, growing construction and developmental activities, and the increasing number of renewable power generation projects are also the principal drivers that would trigger growth in the circuit breaker & fuse market.
- Due to acceleration in implementation of IT and IoT technologies in various operations, the devices, necessitate appropriate power controlling for improved performance, thus stimulating the need for circuit breaker & fuses market. This is copulated with the need for sufficient power generation for controlling future demand for electricity, thus blowing the demand for all such protection devices.
- Moreover, the rapidly growing construction market including commercial and residential buildings is expected to ignite the demand for circuit breakers and fuses. Contemporary era infrastructures are host to a large number of electrical devices such as connected appliances, aesthetic lighting, air-condition facilities, security appliances and so on.
- Furthermore, rising acceptance of circuit breakers and fuses in the automotive industry and increasing energy consumption are supposed to further raise the demand for these machines over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers are Thought to Drive the Market's Growth
- Medium voltage circuit breaker comprises the significant market share of the circuit breaker & fuses market with extraordinary investment in the power transmission and distribution sector. Medium voltage circuit breakers are the ones that work on voltage levels around 400 volts to 15kV approximately. The reason they are named so is that very low voltage conditions are not proper for them to operate correctly, neither a very high voltage assists them to perform their operation perfectly. So a medium voltage level around this figure is common for them to work on.
- The Medium voltage circuit breaker segment of the market is driven by the growing demand for medium voltage fuses in transformers, T&D networks, circuit and motor protection, along with industrial applications and renewable energy generation and distribution. These types of circuit breakers are made of an alloy of copper, silver, or tin, and coordinates better with transformers and distribution networks.
- One thing that is distinctive about the medium voltage circuit breakers is that unlike most of the models of these breakers, they can be managed manually as well. The idea behind this manual operation is that since they can also work on voltage levels below 600 volts, and this thing provides them the incentive to be manually managed. It should be kept here in thought that only the circuit breakers which can be operated on voltages lower than 600 volts can be manually operated.
APAC to Dominate the Circuit Breaker & Fuses Market
- The growth in construction activities coupled with a growing adoption rate of renewable power generation sources such as solar and wind led the demand of the market in the APAC region. Furthermore, governments in countries like China, India, Australia, etc. have taken initiative regarding the development of electricity networks, which in turn, escalating the demand for the market in the APAC region.
- Apart from that, due to factor such as growth in end-user industries along with growing demand for electricity due to rapid urbanization is expected to contribute to the market growth in the Asia Pacific region during the forecast period. Extensive growth in end-user segments such as the petrochemicals sector, oil & gas sector, steel and cement sector is anticipated to boost demand for circuit breakers and fuses in the region.
Owing to the presence of a great number of global vendors, the circuit breaker and fuses market seems to be highly competitive. The level of engagement among the vendors will strengthen in the following years due to the more limited differentiation in products and the underpricing strategy of local and regional vendors. The players in the market are focusing on the emerging regions of APAC and MEA to grow their sales volume. Some of the leading industry performers in the circuit breaker & fuses market include ABB Ltd., Eaton Corporation, Alstom SA, General Electric, Siemens AG, Eaton Corporation Plc, and Maxwell Technologies, among others.
- Oct 2019 - Alstom and the Madrid Asperger Association have signed a partnership agreement according to which persons with Asperger’s Syndrome will do pre-occupational professional internships at Alstom sites in Spain helping to improve their socio-occupational capacity and professional skills.
- Sep 2019 - ABB Ltd signed a five-year framework contract with Austrian Power Grid (APG), Austria’s transmission system operator, potentially worth more than USD100 million to supply gas-insulated switchgear (GIS), is the largest electricity grid expansion to date in Austria. ABB will be supplying GIS for the construction of a transmission grid that will help to strengthen the infrastructure in order to gradually integrate electricity generated by more renewable sources.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Growing Access to Electricity in Developing Countries
4.3.2 Strong Growth of Construction & Developmental Activities
4.3.3 Growing Investments in Renewable and Energy Storage
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Strict Environmental & Safety Regulations
4.4.2 Rising Investments in Smart Grid Vision
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Voltage
5.1.1 Circuit breaker
184.108.40.206 High Voltage Circuit Breakers
220.127.116.11 Medium Voltage Circuit Breakers
18.104.22.168 High Voltage Fuse
22.214.171.124 Low Voltage Fuse
5.2 By Arc Quenching Media Type
5.2.1 Vacuum Circuit Breakers
5.2.2 Oil Circuit Breakers
5.2.3 Air Circuit Breakers
5.2.4 Other Types
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Transmission & Distribution
5.3.4 Power Generation
5.3.5 Consumer Electronics
5.3.6 Other Applications
5.4.1 North America
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
5.4.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Eaton Corporation Inc
6.1.2 Alstom SA
6.1.3 G&W Electric Company
6.1.4 ABB Ltd
6.1.5 General Electric Company
6.1.6 Maxwell Technologies Ltd
6.1.7 Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
6.1.8 Schneider Electric SE
6.1.9 Pennsylvania Breaker LLC
6.1.10 Siemens AG
6.1.11 Toshiba Corporation
6.1.12 TE Connectivity Ltd
6.1.13 Larsen & Toubro Limited
6.1.14 TE Connectivity
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.