The market for oil condition monitoring is expected to register a CAGR of 7% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026)
- In the commercial world, businesses constantly look for new ways to support their longevity that also includes the machinery, as operational problems in the machine and other components often are the result of bearing defects, shaft misalignment, couplings, insufficient lubrication, chipped gear teeth among others that can be reflected in the condition of the lubricant oil used owing to this business often rely on lubricant analysis solutions such as oil condition monitoring
- For instance, the business sectors including power, logistics, mining, and manufacturing deploy oil-dependent machines, vehicles that are equipped with gearboxes, engines, hydraulics, and transformers which require regular health and status inspections in order to operate at their maximum efficiency
- Moreover, This instance becomes a critical factor to consider as these sectors operate in extreme and often harsh climatic conditions such as humid mine sites, artic natural gas processing plants among others with oil condition degrading over time and losses its lubrication properties which eventually causes equipment damage
- Although traditional oil analysis techniques such as laboratory testing provide an extensive view of oil condition and machinery health yet it does come with drawbacks such as high upfront cost, time delay, and occasionally malfunctioning, with critical machine potentially cost the organizations thousands of dollars per hour, organization are looking to invest reliable in-line oil analysis solutions such as Oil Condition Monitoring
- Also, with the arrival of real-time measurement sensors for the oil condition monitoring that are inclined towards affordability as compared to the traditional sampling and laboratory technique is driving the growth of the market
- Moreover, The new generation of sensors compliments the flexibility of vibration sensors allowing continuous measurements that can be accessed through the asset management systems dashboard added with the commercial availability of powerful magnets has enhanced the capabilities of ferrous debris sensors, which now allows for the collection of larger failure particles thereby aiding problem diagnosis.
- The oil conduction monitoring is overlooked majorly due to its potentially high-cost implications and practicality however due to limitations associated with scheduled preventive maintenance in terms of effectiveness, organizations tend to foresee the cost of oil condition monitoring sensors to be covered with saving achieved with reduced wastage and extended machine life and energy efficiency which evidently drives the growth of the market
- Furthermore, IIoT-enabled condition monitoring solutions have been advancing rapidly over the years while it is still its infancy phase it aims to digitalize the condition monitoring leveraging technologies such as cloud, big data further drives the growth of market
Key Market Trends
Transportation Industry to hold major market share
- As with the aerospace industry where reliability, timing, fast access to test results, and solutions are considered vital, the OCM solutions provide monitoring aircraft engines for symptoms of overheating, unusual wear, contamination, water, and loss of lubricant properties over the time. For instance, AeroCHECKTM by Intertek provides a fully integrated solution aimed to support all aspects of aircraft fuel and lubricant systems.
- Also with demand for the railway, transportation across the globe continues to grow at a healthy pace arises the need to maintain the reliability, efficiency, and safety of trains as they hold the potential to cause disruption and delays due to equipment failure added to it as rail sector demands minimal downtime, smooth operative service makes it crucial for authorities to invest in oil condition monitoring that regularly monitors lubricants to identity if the asset is fit for the operation.
- The oil condition monitoring conducts monitoring on the locomotive properties such as particle size, total acid number (TAN), total base number (TBA), oxygen content, and total insoluble matter (TIM) at regular intervals thereby helps rail operates to be aware of any recognizable faults that may otherwise go unnoticed.
- Furthermore, engine oil condition monitoring is considered to be one of the largest areas of innovation, and R&D in the automobile industry added with the rapid development of engine condition monitoring system determining engine lubricant degradation level leverages the automotive manufactures to reduce unnecessary power loss and maintenance cost.
- For instance, lubricating oils in IC engines are usually exposed to various strains with respect to its fuel quality, operating parameters, and ambient conditions which eventually alters both its physical and chemical properties leading to engine failures but with engine oil condition monitoring provides insight into actual states of the engine by considering the oil viscosity to early detect failure.
North America Holds Major Market Share
- North America holds a major market share for the oil condition monitoring market owing to established markets including Logistics and Transportation, Oil & Gas, among others, the presence of major players such as General Electric, Parker-Hannifin Corporation, Chevron Corporation sharing significant revenue share from regions aids growth of the market, for instance, General Electric reported 39% of total revenue share from the US alone.
- Also, for the fiscal year 2021, the US' The Federal Aviation Administration requested the president budget of USD 17.5 billion is aimed to protect aviation safety and enable new entrants to enter national airspace among others leverages the growth of the market
- Also, The Environmental Partnership’ is an industry-led initiative created to help the largest oil and gas companies in the United States to work together and continuously negate adverse environmental impacts. This landmark collaboration focused on reducing emissions from oil and gas production in the United States and signifies the shift toward growing environmental concerns with respect to the conservation of energy sources and emissions by streamlining the predictive maintenance techniques that foster the growth of the market.
- Furthermore, Pipeline construction projects such as Keystone XL Pipeline by TransCanada, Permian Basin to Cushing Pipeline by Plains All American Pipeline LP, and the Cactus II Pipeline in Texas, among others are some of the projects that are destined to be completed by the first half of 2020. Such projects are expected to create a considerable demand for deployment in the industry over the next few years.
- However, with recent outbreak of global pandemic COVID-19 has resulted in shutdown of major markets including Oil & Gas industries, Transportation industries that constituted to growth of market are currently experiencing recession added with US economy reporting 701,000 job losses in the month march 2020 which includes factory workers, engineers among others may halt the market growth.
The Oil Condition Monitoring market is moderately fragmented and consists of several major players including General Electric, Royal Dutch Shell PLC, Eaton Corporation Inc. The vendors are enhancing the product line leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives, acquisitions as a competitive advantage to further expand their customer base and gain market share.
- February 2020 - Tan Delta System announced the launch of OQSx-G2, next-generation real-time oil condition monitoring sensor that provides a new level of equipment health sign and operating cost reduced utilizes Tan Delt's enhanced FSH core technology. The sensor is claimed to have a detection sensitivity of 10ppm and works with any oil type.
- September 2019 - Baker Huges subsidiary of GE company announced that its Bently Nevada business launched Orbit 60 Series Platform. This platform collects and processes the data with analytics to determine the health of the machines, It is a cyber-secure machinery monitory system that is SIL 2 and 3 certified making it suitable for an industry standard for safety and performance.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Porters Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Assesment of COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
4.7 Technology Snapshot - Oil Condition Monitoring Market by Measurement Type (Viscosity, Temperature, Pressure, Density, Tan & TBN, Soot, Ferrous Wear, Water Dilutions, Fuel Dilution, Dielectric)
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Sampling Type
On-Site (on-board,fixed continous monitoring)
5.2 Product Type
5.2.3 Gear System
5.2.4 Hydraulic System
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.2 Oil & Gas
5.3.5 Power Generation
5.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 General Electric
6.1.2 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
6.1.3 Eaton Corporation Inc
6.1.4 Parker-Hannifin Corporation
6.1.5 Chevron Corporation
6.1.6 Intertek Group
6.1.7 Total S.A.
6.1.8 SGS S.A.
6.1.9 Bureau Veritas
6.1.10 Delta Services IndustrielsÂ (DSi)
6.1.11 Test Oil
6.1.12 Techenomics International
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.