The Chip Antenna Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.66% during the forecast period 2021 b- 2026. The growth of the market can be attributed to the growing miniaturization in consumer electronics and increasing application of Chip Antennas in IoT driven systems.
- The market is expected to be further augmented by the exponential growth of Mobile data traffic, driven by data-capable devices and high-bandwidth applications (APPs). Dielectric Chip Antennas Ericsson, through its Mobility Report November 2019, gives an insight into mobile data traffic, which grew by 68% year-on-year for Q3 2019. Also, the total number of mobile subscription stood at approximately 8 billion. The company expects that there will be 2.6 billion 5G subscriptions covering up to 65% of the world’s population and generating 45% of the world’s total mobile data traffic by 2025.
- Moroever, according to a survey by Honeywell, 67% of manufacturing executives is pressing ahead with plans to invest in data analytics. 63% of them believe that it enable well-informed decisions in real time, 57% believed that it limit waste, while 56% of them says that it help in predicting the risk of downtime (56%). This is expected to further aid the future growth of IoT in the manufacturing sector.
- The outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic is expected to affect the market in multiple ways. The chip production foundries are gradually recovering from the impact of the pandemic gradually in major manufacturing centres like China. Moreover, the rapid deployment of 5G last year is expected to aid market growth of the market studied in 2020. Further, 5G's emergence as an independent network and the rapid expansion of 5G smartphones from flagship-only models to the mid-range segment is expected to aid market growth.
Key Market Trends
Increasing use of Chip Antennas in IoT Applications
- The growing deployment of IoT across end -user segments is expecte to act as a major driver of the market. IoT in manufacturing is being deployed to facilitate the production flow in a plant, as IoT devices automatically monitor development cycles, and manage warehouses and inventories. It is one of the reasons why investments in IoT devices have skyrocketed over the past few decades. IoT in manufacturing, logistics, and transportation is expected to rise to USD 40 billion by 2020.By 2025, the number of connected devices in the automation sector is expected to increase by a factor of 50.
- The increasing need for data analysis and integration of analytics is expected to propel the utilization of the Internet of Things market in Retail . Additionally, the use of e-commerce platforms is rapidly increasing owing to the ease of shopping and smartphone penetration in the market, which is likely to boost the market.
- For instance, Amazon’s first store in Seattle, the United States, is incorporated with self-checkout service and mobile payment methods, which are available on both Android and iOS systems. The store is equipped with cameras, sensors, and/or RFID readers, to identify shoppers and products, and use computer vision, deep learning algorithms, and the ‘sensor fusion’.
- Moreover, the rising usage of the cloud has supported the data generated across various verticals. By 2020, the accumulated volume of Big Data is expected to increase from 4.4 zettabytes to roughly 44 zettabytes or 44 trillion GB. Moreover, the number of IoT connected devices is expected to rise over 50 billion devices by 2020, creating terabytes of data that need to be managed, stored, and analyzed.
- The proliferation of 5G is also expected to aid the growth of IoT across major areas of application. According to Small Cell Forum, the total installed base of 5G in 2025 is predicted to be 13.1 million, over one-third of the total in use.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to be the Fastest Growing Market during the Forecast Period
- The Asia-Pacific region also accounts for a significant share of expenditure in IoT technology, with South Korea and Singapore expected to be among the top global markets to adopt IoT chips. According to the data from the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, South Korea is the first country in the world to have more things connected to the Internet per habitats, followed by Denmark and Switzerland.
- Further, India’s vision to transform 100 cities into smart cities is expected to create a huge demand for IoT devices in smart homes and automotive sector. This is also an important factor contributing to the growth of the market in this region.
- The Japanese government has announced their national Big data strategies- The Integrated ICT Strategy for 2020 with an aim to develop country’s new national IT strategy with an open public data as its core during 2013–2020 in order to promote Japan as the country with the world’s highest standards in the extensive use of data analytics in the information technology industry. Suchd to government initiatives are expected aid market growth.
The Competitive Landscape of the market is fragmented. The market has been experiencing a number of market launches due to the evolution of 5G and IoT. Some of the recent developments of the market are as follows:-
- April 2020 - Abracon, LLC a global manufacturer of frequency control, timing, synchronization, RF, connectivity and power solutions, launched newly available evaluation boards for a variety of chip antenna solutions.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Miniaturization in Consumer Electronics
4.2.2 Increasing use of Chip Antennas in IoT Applications
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Limited Performance Efficiency and Range of Chip Antenna
4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Dielectric Chip
5.1.2 Ceramic Multilayer Chip
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.2 Consumer Electronics
5.2.4 IT & Telecommunication
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
6.1.2 Yageo Corporation
6.1.3 Johanson Technology, Inc.
6.1.4 Fractus S.A.
6.1.5 Antenova Ltd.
6.1.6 Partron Co., Ltd.
6.1.7 Inpaq Technology Co., Ltd.
6.1.8 Mitsubishi Materials Corporation
6.1.9 Taoglas Limited
6.1.10 Fractus Antennas S.L
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.