Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. (DO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. (Diamond Offshore) is an offshore oil and gas drilling company, which provides contract drilling services to the energy industry. It operates through a fleet of offshore drilling rigs comprising semisubmersibles, jack-ups, and dynamically positioned drillships. Diamond Offshores offshore fleet offers services worldwide in both the floater market such as deepwater, ultra-deepwater, and mid-water; and jack-up market. Its customers include major and independent oil and gas companies and government-owned oil companies. The company has operational presence in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia. Diamond Offshore is headquartered in Houston, Texas, the US.
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Feb 10, 2017: Little Optimism Bubbles Up In Offshore Drilling
Feb 06, 2017: Diamond Offshore Announces Fourth Quarter 2016 Results
Jan 23, 2017: BHP Billiton Hires Diamond Offshore's Semi-sub Rig
Oct 31, 2016: Diamond Offshore Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results
Oct 18, 2016: Niko Announces Settlement Agreement With Diamond Offshore
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Key Facts 6
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Key Employees 7
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - History 10
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Company Statement 12
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 Â Company Analysis 15
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Business Description 15
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Corporate Strategy 16
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis - Overview 17
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Strengths 17
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Weaknesses 18
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Opportunities 19
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Threats 20
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - Key Competitors 21
Section 3 Â Company Financial Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 22
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 23
Performance Chart 25
Financial Performance 25
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 27
Section 4 Â CompanyÂs Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 28
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc., Oil & Gas, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 28
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc., Oil & Gas, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 29
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 30
Section 5 Â CompanyÂs Recent Developments 31
Feb 10, 2017: Little Optimism Bubbles Up In Offshore Drilling 31
Feb 06, 2017: Diamond Offshore Announces Fourth Quarter 2016 Results 32
Jan 23, 2017: BHP Billiton Hires Diamond Offshore's Semi-sub Rig 33
Oct 31, 2016: Diamond Offshore Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results 34
Oct 18, 2016: Niko Announces Settlement Agreement With Diamond Offshore 35
Oct 10, 2016: BP Reconfirms Commitment To Ocean GreatWhite Contract 36
Sep 21, 2016: Harris Pye Successfully Completes Repair Projects During Demobilisation Of Ocean Endeavor 37
Aug 01, 2016: Diamond Offshore Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results 38
Jul 18, 2016: Hyundai Heavy Industries Delivers the WorldÂs Largest Semi-Submersible Drilling Rig For Diamond Offshore 39
Jun 13, 2016: Diamond Offshore Signs Joint Development Agreement With Trelleborg To Manufacture And Market New Helical Riser Buoyancy Design 40
Section 6 Â Appendix 41
Ratio Definitions 41
About GlobalData 45
Contact Us 45
List of Figures
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc., Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 25
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc., Ratio Charts 27
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc., Oil & Gas, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 28
Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc., Oil & Gas, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 29
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.