Schlumberger Limited (SLB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Schlumberger Limited (Schlumberger) is an oilfield services company. It provides technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Schlumberger also supplies the industries with products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery. Its products and services include open-hole and cased-hole wireline logging; drilling services; well completion services including well testing and artificial lift; well services, such as cementing, coiled tubing, stimulations and sand control; interpretation and consulting services; and integrated project management. The company has operational presence in North America, Latin America, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Schlumberger is headquartered in Houston, Texas, the US.
Schlumberger Limited Key Recent Developments
Feb 28, 2017: Iran Insists On Tendering Oil, Gas Development Projects
Feb 23, 2017: TGS And Schlumberger Announce New Multi- And Wide-Azimuth Multiclient Reimaging Program In Central U.S. Gulf Of Mexico
Feb 22, 2017: PDVSA And Schlumberger Discuss Business Relation
Feb 20, 2017: President Energy Provides Update Operations At Puesto Guardian Concession, Salta Province, Argentina
Feb 12, 2017: NISOC Signed MOU With Iranian Company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Schlumberger Limited - Key Facts 6
Schlumberger Limited - Key Employees 7
Schlumberger Limited - Key Employee Biographies 10
Schlumberger Limited - Major Products and Services 11
Schlumberger Limited - Key Operational Summary 13
Schlumberger Limited - History 14
Schlumberger Limited - Company Statement 27
Schlumberger Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries 29
Head Office 29
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 29
Joint Venture 34
Business Unit 34
Section 2 Â Company Analysis 35
Schlumberger Limited - Business Description 35
Business Description - Cameron Group 35
Cameron Group - Overview 35
Cameron Group - Financials 35
Cameron Group - Capital Expenditure 35
Business Description - Drilling Group 36
Drilling Group - Overview 36
Drilling Group - Financials 36
Drilling Group - Capital Expenditure 36
Business Description - Production Group 36
Production Group - Overview 36
Production Group - Financials 36
Production Group - Capital Expenditure 36
Business Description - Reservoir Characterization Group 37
Reservoir Characterization Group - Overview 37
Reservoir Characterization Group - Financials 37
Reservoir Characterization Group - Capital Expenditure 37
Schlumberger Limited - Corporate Strategy 38
Schlumberger Limited - SWOT Analysis 39
SWOT Analysis - Overview 39
Schlumberger Limited - Strengths 39
Schlumberger Limited - Weaknesses 40
Schlumberger Limited - Opportunities 41
Schlumberger Limited - Threats 42
Schlumberger Limited - Key Competitors 43
Section 3 Â Company Financial Ratios 44
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 44
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 45
Performance Chart 47
Financial Performance 47
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 48
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 49
Section 4 Â CompanyÂs Oil & Gas, Power Financial Deals and Alliances 50
Schlumberger Limited, Oil & Gas, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 50
Schlumberger Limited, Oil & Gas, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 51
Schlumberger Limited, Recent Deals Summary 52
Section 5 Â CompanyÂs Recent Developments 53
Feb 28, 2017: Iran Insists On Tendering Oil, Gas Development Projects 53
Feb 22, 2017: PDVSA And Schlumberger Discuss Business Relation 54
Feb 20, 2017: President Energy Provides Update Operations At Puesto Guardian Concession, Salta Province, Argentina 55
Feb 12, 2017: NISOC Signed MOU With Iranian Company 56
Feb 08, 2017: NOC Board Of Director's Meeting With Schlumberger Oilfield Services Company 57
Jan 27, 2017: Gazprom: IBC Committees Hold Joint Meeting 58
Jan 26, 2017: Libya Returns Oil Output To 700,000 Bpd After Crude Substation Fire 59
Jan 23, 2017: Libya Oil Production Falls 60,000Bpd After Technical Fault 60
Jan 20, 2017: Schlumberger Announces Fourth-Quarter And Full-Year 2016 Results 61
Jan 18, 2017: Statoil Awarding Service Contracts For Two Cat J Rigs 67
Section 6 Â Appendix 68
Ratio Definitions 68
About GlobalData 72
Contact Us 72
List of Figures
Schlumberger Limited, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 47
Schlumberger Limited, Ratio Charts 49
Schlumberger Limited, Oil & Gas, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 50
Schlumberger Limited, Oil & Gas, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 51
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.