PPL Corporation (PPL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyís businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyís key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description Ė A detailed description of the companyís operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Ė Analystís summarization of the companyís business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis Ė A detailed analysis of the companyís strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Ė Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services Ė A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors Ė A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees Ė A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies Ė A brief summary of the executivesí employment history.
- Key operational heads Ė A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries Ė A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
PPL Corporation (PPL) is a utility holding company which manages and operates electricity and natural gas businesses through its subsidiaries. It has a presence in electric vertical from generation through transmission and distribution to energy retail. The company generates electricity from coal, natural gas, oil, hydro, and solar sources, and sells that energy on retail and wholesale basis. PPL also distributes and sells natural gas. It serves customers in the UK and the US. The company has electricity generation plants in Kentucky. PPL is headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania, the US.
PPL Corporation Key Recent Developments
Feb 01, 2017: PPL Corporation Reports 2016 Earnings
Dec 02, 2016: MOL increases production capacity in TAL Block in Pakistan
Nov 01, 2016: PPL Corporation Reports Third-Quarter Earnings
Aug 09, 2016: PPL Corporation Reports Second-Quarter Earnings
May 25, 2016: PPL Chairman Says Company Investing in the Future, Well-Positioned for Long-term Growth and Success
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyís business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsí business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyís core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesí strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
PPL Corporation - Key Facts 6
PPL Corporation - Key Employees 7
PPL Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 8
PPL Corporation - Major Products and Services 9
PPL Corporation - History 10
PPL Corporation - Company Statement 16
PPL Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Section 2 ¬Ė Company Analysis 20
PPL Corporation - Business Description 20
Business Description - Kentucky Regulated 20
Kentucky Regulated - Overview 20
Kentucky Regulated - Production 20
Kentucky Regulated - Financials 20
Business Description - Pennsylvania Regulated 20
Pennsylvania Regulated - Overview 20
Pennsylvania Regulated - Financials 21
Business Description - UK Regulated 21
UK Regulated - Overview 21
UK Regulated - Financials 21
PPL Corporation - Corporate Strategy 22
PPL Corporation - SWOT Analysis 23
SWOT Analysis - Overview 23
PPL Corporation - Strengths 23
PPL Corporation - Weaknesses 24
PPL Corporation - Opportunities 25
PPL Corporation - Threats 26
PPL Corporation - Key Competitors 27
Section 3 ¬Ė Company Financial Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 28
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 29
Performance Chart 31
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 32
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 33
Section 4 ¬Ė Company¬ís Power Financial Deals and Alliances 34
PPL Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 34
PPL Corporation, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 35
PPL Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 36
Section 5 ¬Ė Company¬ís Recent Developments 37
Feb 01, 2017: PPL Corporation Reports 2016 Earnings 37
Dec 02, 2016: MOL increases production capacity in TAL Block in Pakistan 40
Nov 01, 2016: PPL Corporation Reports Third-Quarter Earnings 41
Aug 09, 2016: PPL Corporation Reports Second-Quarter Earnings 44
May 25, 2016: PPL Chairman Says Company Investing in the Future, Well-Positioned for Long-term Growth and Success 47
Apr 28, 2016: PPL Corporation Reports First-Quarter Earnings 48
Mar 02, 2016: PPLSolutions Introduces SaaS Solutions For Retail Energy Suppliers 50
Feb 04, 2016: PPL Corporation Reports 2015 Earnings 51
Section 6 ¬Ė Appendix 53
Ratio Definitions 53
About GlobalData 57
Contact Us 57
List of Figures
PPL Corporation, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 31
PPL Corporation, Ratio Charts 33
PPL Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 34
PPL Corporation, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 35
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.