Electricite de France S.A. (EDF) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyís businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyís key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description Ė A detailed description of the companyís operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Ė Analystís summarization of the companyís business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis Ė A detailed analysis of the companyís strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Ė Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services Ė A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors Ė A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees Ė A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies Ė A brief summary of the executivesí employment history.
- Key operational heads Ė A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries Ė A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Electricite de France S.A. (EDF) is a state-owned integrated energy company that generates, transmits, distributes and sells electricity; supplies natural gas; and offers energy services such as district heating and other services. The group generates electricity from diversified sources such as nuclear, fossil-fired, hydraulic, wind and other renewable energy sources. It provides electricity and related services to industrial, small business and residential customers, and local authorities. The group through its subsidiaries operates in France, the UK, Italy, Brazil, the US and China among others. EDF is headquartered in Paris, France.
Electricite de France S.A. Key Recent Developments
Feb 28, 2017: Chileís Penco-Lirquen LNG Import Terminal Likely To Be Delayed
Feb 27, 2017: EDF jointly with TENEX audited SC Ural Electrochemical Integrated Plant
Feb 14, 2017: EDF Group results 2016 Ė highlights for EDF Energy in UK
Feb 08, 2017: Department of Atomic Energy, India: Tie Up for Nuclear Energy
Feb 01, 2017: EDF: Details on the technical and financial feasibility of dismantling EDF's nuclear power plants in France
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyís business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsí business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyís core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesí strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Electricite de France S.A. - Key Facts 6
Electricite de France S.A. - Key Employees 7
Electricite de France S.A. - Key Employee Biographies 9
Electricite de France S.A. - Major Products and Services 10
Electricite de France S.A., Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (Power Generation), 2010 11
Electricite de France S.A., Share of Installed Capacity by Region (Power Generation), 2010 12
Electricite de France S.A. - History 13
Electricite de France S.A. - Locations And Subsidiaries 22
Head Office 22
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 22
Joint Venture 24
Section 2 ¬Ė Company Analysis 26
Electricite de France S.A. - Business Description 26
Electricite de France S.A. - Corporate Strategy 28
Electricite de France S.A. - SWOT Analysis 29
SWOT Analysis - Overview 29
Electricite de France S.A. - Strengths 29
Electricite de France S.A. - Weaknesses 30
Electricite de France S.A. - Opportunities 31
Electricite de France S.A. - Threats 32
Electricite de France S.A. - Key Competitors 33
Section 3 ¬Ė Company Financial Ratios 34
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 34
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 35
Performance Chart 37
Financial Performance 37
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 38
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 39
Section 4 ¬Ė Company¬ís Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 40
Electricite de France S.A., Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 40
Electricite de France S.A., Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 41
Electricite de France S.A., Recent Deals Summary 42
Section 5 ¬Ė Company¬ís Recent Developments 43
Feb 28, 2017: Chile¬ís Penco-Lirquen LNG Import Terminal Likely To Be Delayed 43
Feb 27, 2017: EDF jointly with TENEX audited SC Ural Electrochemical Integrated Plant 44
Feb 14, 2017: EDF Group results 2016 ¬Ė highlights for EDF Energy in UK 45
Feb 08, 2017: Department of Atomic Energy, India: Tie Up for Nuclear Energy 47
Feb 01, 2017: EDF: Details on the technical and financial feasibility of dismantling EDF's nuclear power plants in France 48
Jan 24, 2017: EDF to close its Fessenheim nuclear power plant 50
Jan 24, 2017: Compensation protocol for the closure of the Fessenheim nuclear plant: EDF 51
Jan 23, 2017: Dunkirk LNG Terminal In France Receives Delivery Of Qatari Cargo 52
Jan 17, 2017: DEWA cooperates with Electricite de France in renewable energy research, energy storage, and electric-vehicle chargers 53
Jan 16, 2017: Dunkirk Terminal To Receive Qatari LNG Cargo 54
Section 6 ¬Ė Appendix 55
Ratio Definitions 55
About GlobalData 59
Contact Us 59
List of Figures
Electricite de France S.A., Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, MW, 2010 11
Electricite de France S.A., Share of Installed Capacity by Region, MW, 2010 12
Electricite de France S.A., Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 37
Electricite de France S.A., Ratio Charts 39
Electricite de France S.A., Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 40
Electricite de France S.A., Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 41
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.