DTE Energy Company (DTE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyís businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyís key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description Ė A detailed description of the companyís operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Ė Analystís summarization of the companyís business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis Ė A detailed analysis of the companyís strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Ė Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services Ė A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors Ė A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees Ė A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies Ė A brief summary of the executivesí employment history.
- Key operational heads Ė A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries Ė A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
DTE Energy Company (DTE Energy) is a diversified energy holding company that develops and manages energy-related businesses and services. It has presence in the electricity value chain from generation, procurement, to transmission, distribution, and sales. The company procures, stores, and transports natural gas, and distributes and sells that to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. DTE Energy owns natural gas storage fields, lateral and gathering pipeline systems, compression and surface facilities; and has ownership interests in interstate pipelines serving the Midwest, Ontario, and Northeast markets. It assists projects that deliver energy and utility-type products; and provides services to industrial, commercial, and institutional customers. DTE Energy is headquartered in Detroit, Michigan, the US.
DTE Energy Company Key Recent Developments
Feb 09, 2017: DTE Energy Reports Solid 2016 Financial Results; Sets Operational Records While Securing Michigan's Energy Future
Feb 07, 2017: New DTE Energy program makes it easier to use clean energy
Jan 23, 2017: DTE Energy, MDOT make Michigan roads brighter and safer for metro Detroit residents
Jan 18, 2017: DTE Energy's 2016 electric infrastructure projects bring improved reliability, increasing peace of mind for customers in 2017
Dec 27, 2016: DTE Energyís Pinnebog Wind Park begins commercial operation
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyís business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsí business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyís core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesí strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
DTE Energy Company - Key Facts 6
DTE Energy Company - Key Employees 7
DTE Energy Company - Key Employee Biographies 8
DTE Energy Company - Major Products and Services 9
DTE Energy Company - History 10
DTE Energy Company - Company Statement 18
DTE Energy Company - Locations And Subsidiaries 20
Head Office 20
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 20
Section 2 ¬Ė Company Analysis 23
DTE Energy Company - Business Description 23
Business Description - Corporate and Other 23
Corporate and Other - Overview 23
Corporate and Other - Financials 23
Business Description - Electric 23
Electric - Overview 23
Electric - Production 23
Electric - Financials 23
Electric - Capital Expenditure 23
Business Description - Energy Trading 23
Energy Trading - Overview 23
Energy Trading - Financials 24
Energy Trading - Capital Expenditure 24
Business Description - Gas 24
Gas - Overview 24
Gas - Financials 24
Gas - Capital Expenditure 24
Business Description - Gas Storage and Pipelines 24
Gas Storage and Pipelines - Overview 24
Gas Storage and Pipelines - Financials 24
Gas Storage and Pipelines - Capital Expenditure 24
Business Description - Power and Industrial Projects 25
Power and Industrial Projects - Overview 25
Power and Industrial Projects - Financials 25
Power and Industrial Projects - Capital Expenditure 25
DTE Energy Company - Corporate Strategy 26
DTE Energy Company - SWOT Analysis 27
SWOT Analysis - Overview 27
DTE Energy Company - Strengths 27
DTE Energy Company - Weaknesses 29
DTE Energy Company - Opportunities 30
DTE Energy Company - Threats 31
DTE Energy Company - Key Competitors 32
Section 3 ¬Ė Company Financial Ratios 33
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 33
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 34
Performance Chart 36
Financial Performance 36
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 37
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 38
Section 4 ¬Ė Company¬ís Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 39
DTE Energy Company, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 39
DTE Energy Company, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 40
DTE Energy Company, Recent Deals Summary 41
Section 5 ¬Ė Company¬ís Recent Developments 42
Feb 09, 2017: DTE Energy Reports Solid 2016 Financial Results; Sets Operational Records While Securing Michigan's Energy Future 42
Feb 07, 2017: New DTE Energy program makes it easier to use clean energy 43
Jan 23, 2017: DTE Energy, MDOT make Michigan roads brighter and safer for metro Detroit residents 44
Jan 18, 2017: DTE Energy's 2016 electric infrastructure projects bring improved reliability, increasing peace of mind for customers in 2017 45
Dec 27, 2016: DTE Energy¬ís Pinnebog Wind Park begins commercial operation 46
Dec 20, 2016: MPSC approves contract between DTE Electric Company and Pine River Wind Engineering, LLC for new wind park in Gratiot and Isabella counties 47
Dec 16, 2016: Fermi 2 to operate until 2045 48
Nov 22, 2016: DTE Energy supplier event brings more than $2M boost to Detroit-based and minority-owned businesses 49
Nov 18, 2016: DTE Energy begins operation of Ypsilanti's largest solar array 50
Nov 15, 2016: DTE Energy matches $100,000 in development grants for St. Clair, Harbor Beach 51
Section 6 ¬Ė Appendix 52
Ratio Definitions 52
About GlobalData 56
Contact Us 56
List of Figures
DTE Energy Company, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 36
DTE Energy Company, Ratio Charts 38
DTE Energy Company, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 39
DTE Energy Company, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 40
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.