Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. (EGCB), an enterprise of Bangladesh Power Development Board, is an energy utility that generates and sells electricity. It produces energy from natural gas through combined cycle technology. The company has projects in Narayanganj city. EGCB sells electricity to Bangladesh Power Development Board, and also for other entities. It is also constructing Siddhirganj 335 MW project; and implementing coal, solar, and wind based power plants. EGCB is headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. Key Recent Developments
Aug 23, 2016: Bangladesh approves land acquisition for Munshiganj coal power plant
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 3
Section 1 - About the Company 4
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Key Facts 4
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Key Employees 5
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Key Employee Biographies 6
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Major Products and Services 7
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - History 8
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Company Statement 9
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries 10
Head Office 10
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 10
Section 2 Â– Company Analysis 11
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Business Description 11
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - SWOT Analysis 12
SWOT Analysis - Overview 12
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Strengths 12
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Weaknesses 13
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Opportunities 14
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Threats 15
Electricity Generation Company of Bangladesh Ltd. - Key Competitors 16
Section 3 Â– CompanyÂ’s Recent Developments 17
Aug 23, 2016: Bangladesh approves land acquisition for Munshiganj coal power plant 17
Section 4 Â– Appendix 18
About GlobalData 18
Contact Us 18
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.