CMS Energy Corporation (CMS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyís businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyís key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description Ė A detailed description of the companyís operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Ė Analystís summarization of the companyís business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis Ė A detailed analysis of the companyís strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Ė Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services Ė A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors Ė A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees Ė A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies Ė A brief summary of the executivesí employment history.
- Key operational heads Ė A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries Ė A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
CMS Energy Corporation (CMS Energy) is an energy utility which provides electricity, natural gas, and banking services. It generates, procures, transmits, distributes, and sells energy. The company produces power from coal, oil and gas, hydro, wind, and solar sources. CMS Energy purchases, transmits, stores, distributes, and sells natural gas. It procures natural gas from Canadian producers and gas customer choice (GCC) suppliers. Through its subsidiaries and equity investments, CMS Energy owns interest in power generation facilities, and purchases and sells energy commodities. The company serves individuals and businesses in the alternative energy, chemical, automotive, metal, food products, and other industries in Michigan. CMS Energy is headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, the US.
CMS Energy Corporation Key Recent Developments
Feb 23, 2017: CMS Energy Announces Leadership Changes Focused on World-Class Performance, Workforce
Feb 02, 2017: CMS Energy reports lower Q4 net income, raises guidance for 2017
Dec 08, 2016: Palisades Power Purchase Agreement to End Early
Nov 17, 2016: CMS Energy Names Jean-Francois Brossoit as Vice President of Transformation and Shared Services
Aug 09, 2016: CMS Energy Strengthens Senior Leadership Team
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyís business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsí business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyís core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesí strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
CMS Energy Corporation - Key Facts 6
CMS Energy Corporation - Key Employees 7
CMS Energy Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 9
CMS Energy Corporation - Major Products and Services 10
CMS Energy Corporation, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (Power Generation), 2010 11
CMS Energy Corporation, Share of Installed Capacity by Region (Power Generation), 2010 12
CMS Energy Corporation - History 13
CMS Energy Corporation - Company Statement 15
CMS Energy Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Joint Venture 19
Section 2 ¬Ė Company Analysis 20
CMS Energy Corporation - Business Description 20
CMS Energy Corporation - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
CMS Energy Corporation - Strengths 21
CMS Energy Corporation - Weaknesses 22
CMS Energy Corporation - Opportunities 23
CMS Energy Corporation - Threats 24
CMS Energy Corporation - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 ¬Ė Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Section 4 ¬Ė Company¬ís Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 32
CMS Energy Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 32
CMS Energy Corporation, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 33
CMS Energy Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 34
Section 5 ¬Ė Company¬ís Recent Developments 35
Feb 23, 2017: CMS Energy Announces Leadership Changes Focused on World-Class Performance, Workforce 35
Feb 02, 2017: CMS Energy reports lower Q4 net income, raises guidance for 2017 36
Dec 08, 2016: Palisades Power Purchase Agreement to End Early 37
Nov 17, 2016: CMS Energy Names Jean-Francois Brossoit as Vice President of Transformation and Shared Services 38
Aug 09, 2016: CMS Energy Strengthens Senior Leadership Team 39
Apr 28, 2016: CMS Energy Announces First Quarter Earnings Of $0.59 Per Share, Reaffirms 2016 Earnings Guidance Of $1.99 To $2.02 Per Share 40
Feb 04, 2016: CMS Energy Announces 2015 Earnings Of $1.89 Per Share; Raises 2016 Earnings Outlook To A Range Of $1.99 To $2.02 Per Share 41
Jan 26, 2016: CMS Energy And Consumers Energy President And CEO John Russell To Retire; Patti Poppe Named President And CEO 42
Jan 21, 2016: CMS Energy Announces New Chief Compliance Officer 43
Section 6 ¬Ė Appendix 44
Ratio Definitions 44
About GlobalData 48
Contact Us 48
List of Figures
CMS Energy Corporation, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, MW, 2010 11
CMS Energy Corporation, Share of Installed Capacity by Region, MW, 2010 12
CMS Energy Corporation, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 29
CMS Energy Corporation, Ratio Charts 31
CMS Energy Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 32
CMS Energy Corporation, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 33
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.