Consolidated Edison, Inc. (ED) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyís businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyís key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description Ė A detailed description of the companyís operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Ė Analystís summarization of the companyís business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis Ė A detailed analysis of the companyís strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Ė Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services Ė A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors Ė A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees Ė A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies Ė A brief summary of the executivesí employment history.
- Key operational heads Ė A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries Ė A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Consolidated Edison, Inc. (Con Edison) is an investor-owned energy company. The company through its subsidiaries offers a wide range energy related products and services It operates regulated electricity and gas business and competitive energy business. Con Edisonís competitive energy businesses include operation of electric generation facilities, trading of electricity and fuel, sales of electricity to wholesale and retail customers and sales of energy-related goods and services. The company serves residential retail, commercial and industrial customers. It manages regulated business of electricity, gas and steam distribution in New York; and parts of Manhattan and New Jersey. Con Edison is headquartered in New York, the US.
Consolidated Edison, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Feb 16, 2017: Con Edison Reports 2016 Earnings
Dec 07, 2016: Supermarkets Get Super Savings With Energy Efficiency Projects
Nov 03, 2016: Con Edison Reports 2016 Third Quarter Earnings
Oct 29, 2016: Con Edison Close To Completing $1 Billion In Post-Sandy Storm Protections
Sep 08, 2016: Con Edison Met Record Demand for Power as Summer Heat, Humidity Hit Region
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyís business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsí business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyís core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesí strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - Key Facts 6
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - Key Employees 7
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies 8
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - Major Products and Services 9
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - History 10
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - Company Statement 15
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Joint Venture 18
Section 2 ¬Ė Company Analysis 19
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - Business Description 19
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - SWOT Analysis 21
SWOT Analysis - Overview 21
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - Strengths 21
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - Weaknesses 22
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - Opportunities 23
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - Threats 24
Consolidated Edison, Inc. - Key Competitors 25
Section 3 ¬Ė Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 31
Section 4 ¬Ė Company¬ís Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 32
Consolidated Edison, Inc., Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 32
Consolidated Edison, Inc., Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 33
Consolidated Edison, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 34
Section 5 ¬Ė Company¬ís Recent Developments 35
Feb 16, 2017: Con Edison Reports 2016 Earnings 35
Dec 07, 2016: Supermarkets Get Super Savings With Energy Efficiency Projects 36
Nov 03, 2016: Con Edison Reports 2016 Third Quarter Earnings 37
Oct 29, 2016: Con Edison Close To Completing $1 Billion In Post-Sandy Storm Protections 38
Sep 08, 2016: Con Edison Met Record Demand for Power as Summer Heat, Humidity Hit Region 39
Sep 07, 2016: Franklin Energy Signs Major Energy Efficiency Contract with Con Edison 40
Sep 06, 2016: Axiom Exergy to Install More Than $5 Million Worth of Energy Storage for Utility Consolidated Edison at Grocery Stores in New York City 41
Aug 08, 2016: Power Efficiency Corporation Wins 2 Year 12 MW Bid in Con Edison BQDM Auction 42
Aug 04, 2016: Con Edison Reports 2016 Second Quarter Earnings 43
Jul 22, 2016: Con Edison Asks Customers in the Riverdale Section Of The Bronx to Conserve Energy 44
Section 6 ¬Ė Appendix 45
Ratio Definitions 45
About GlobalData 49
Contact Us 49
List of Figures
Consolidated Edison, Inc., Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 29
Consolidated Edison, Inc., Ratio Charts 31
Consolidated Edison, Inc., Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 32
Consolidated Edison, Inc., Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 33
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.