FirstEnergy Corp. (FE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyís businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyís key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description Ė A detailed description of the companyís operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Ė Analystís summarization of the companyís business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis Ė A detailed analysis of the companyís strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Ė Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services Ė A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors Ė A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees Ė A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies Ė A brief summary of the executivesí employment history.
- Key operational heads Ė A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries Ė A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
FirstEnergy Corp. (FirstEnergy) is a diversified energy company, which generates, transmits, distributes and sells electricity through its subsidiaries. The company, with its regulated distribution companies, is an investor-owned electric system. The major electricity generating assets of the company include coal-fired plants, nuclear plants, pumped-storage hydroelectric plants, oil/gas-fired plants and, wind and solar facilities. Its electric transmission system dispatches power from generating facilities and substations to the local distribution networks that serve its region's homes and businesses. FirstEnergy serves residential, commercial and industrial customers. The company, together with its regulated distribution companies, operates in the US. FirstEnergy is headquartered in Akron, Ohio, the US.
FirstEnergy Corp. Key Recent Developments
Mar 07, 2017: $172 Million to be Spent in 2017 in The Illuminating Company Service Area to Strengthen Electric System
Mar 07, 2017: FirstEnergy to invest $235 Million in Infrastructure Projects in West Penn Power Area During 2017 to Enhance Electric System
Mar 07, 2017: FirstEnergy to invest $245 Million in 2017 in Met-Ed Service Area to Enhance Electric System
Mar 07, 2017: FirstEnergy to invest $128 Million in 2017 in Penn Power Service Area to Strengthen Electric System
Mar 07, 2017: FirstEnergy to invest $367 Million in 2017 in Penelec Service Area to Enhance Electric System
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyís business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsí business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyís core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesí strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
FirstEnergy Corp. - Key Facts 6
FirstEnergy Corp. - Key Employees 7
FirstEnergy Corp. - Key Employee Biographies 8
FirstEnergy Corp. - Major Products and Services 9
FirstEnergy Corp. - Key Operational Summary 10
FirstEnergy Corp., Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (Power Generation), 2010 10
FirstEnergy Corp. - History 11
FirstEnergy Corp. - Company Statement 17
FirstEnergy Corp. - Locations And Subsidiaries 20
Head Office 20
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 20
Section 2 ¬Ė Company Analysis 22
FirstEnergy Corp. - Business Description 22
FirstEnergy Corp. - Corporate Strategy 23
FirstEnergy Corp. - SWOT Analysis 24
SWOT Analysis - Overview 24
FirstEnergy Corp. - Strengths 24
FirstEnergy Corp. - Weaknesses 25
FirstEnergy Corp. - Opportunities 26
FirstEnergy Corp. - Threats 27
FirstEnergy Corp. - Key Competitors 28
Section 3 ¬Ė Company Financial Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 29
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 30
Performance Chart 32
Financial Performance 32
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 33
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 34
Section 4 ¬Ė Company¬ís Power Financial Deals and Alliances 35
FirstEnergy Corp., Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 35
FirstEnergy Corp., Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 36
FirstEnergy Corp., Recent Deals Summary 37
Section 5 ¬Ė Company¬ís Recent Developments 38
Mar 07, 2017: $172 Million to be Spent in 2017 in The Illuminating Company Service Area to Strengthen Electric System 38
Mar 06, 2017: $371 Million to be Spent in 2017 in Ohio Edison Service Area to Enhance Electric System 39
Mar 06, 2017: $135 Million in Infrastructure Projects Planned in Potomac Edison Area During 2017 to Enhance Electric System 40
Mar 02, 2017: $113 Million to be Spent in 2017 in Toledo Edison Service Area to Help Strengthen Electric System 42
Feb 28, 2017: FirstEnergy Utilities Prepare for High Winds and Thunderstorms Forecast to Impact the Region Beginning This Evening 43
Feb 24, 2017: FirstEnergy Completes Demolition of Lake Shore Power Station 44
Feb 21, 2017: FirstEnergy Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Financial Results 45
Feb 21, 2017: Heisler, Kleisner and Novak to Conclude Service to FirstEnergy Board of Directors 47
Jan 25, 2017: FirstEnergy Names Ebony Yeboah-Amankwah as Vice President, State and Federal Regulatory Legal Affairs 48
Jan 24, 2017: JCP&L Storm Restoration Work Continues 49
Section 6 ¬Ė Appendix 51
Ratio Definitions 51
About GlobalData 55
Contact Us 55
List of Figures
FirstEnergy Corp., Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, MW, 2010 10
FirstEnergy Corp., Performance Chart (2011 - 2015) 32
FirstEnergy Corp., Ratio Charts 34
FirstEnergy Corp., Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 35
FirstEnergy Corp., Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 36
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.