Exelon Corporation (EXC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companyís businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companyís key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description Ė A detailed description of the companyís operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Ė Analystís summarization of the companyís business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis Ė A detailed analysis of the companyís strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Ė Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services Ė A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors Ė A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees Ė A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies Ė A brief summary of the executivesí employment history.
- Key operational heads Ė A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries Ė A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods Ė The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Exelon Corporation (Exelon) is a utility services holding company that generates, purchases, distributes and transmits electricity; and purchase and regulated retail sale of natural gas. It generates electricity utilizing diverse fuel sources, including nuclear, fossil and renewable energy. Exelon provides transmission and distribution of electricity and sells natural gas to diverse retail customers in northern Illinois, including Chicago, southeastern Pennsylvania and Philadelphia. The company is also active in natural gas and oil exploration and production. It operates in 48 states, the District of Columbia and Canada. Exelon is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, the US.
Exelon Corporation Key Recent Developments
Mar 01, 2017: NRC to Hold Regulatory Conference with Exelon Regarding Apparent Violation at Oyster Creek Nuclear Power Plant
Feb 27, 2017: Byron Generating Station Unit 1 Refueling Outage Underway
Feb 21, 2017: Bryan Dumont Joins Exelon as Director of Reputation Insights and Strategy
Feb 13, 2017: LaSalle Unit 1 Offline
Feb 08, 2017: Exelon Announces Fourth Quarter 2016 Results, Provides 2017 Earnings Expectation
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companyís business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitorsí business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companyís core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companiesí strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Exelon Corporation - Key Facts 6
Exelon Corporation - Key Employees 7
Exelon Corporation - Key Employee Biographies 9
Exelon Corporation - Major Products and Services 11
Exelon Corporation - Key Operational Summary 12
Exelon Corporation, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type (Power Generation), 2010 12
Exelon Corporation, Share of Installed Capacity by Region (Power Generation), 2010 13
Exelon Corporation - History 14
Exelon Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries 21
Head Office 21
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 21
Section 2 ¬Ė Company Analysis 24
Exelon Corporation - Business Description 24
Exelon Corporation - Corporate Strategy 26
Exelon Corporation - SWOT Analysis 27
SWOT Analysis - Overview 27
Exelon Corporation - Strengths 27
Exelon Corporation - Weaknesses 28
Exelon Corporation - Opportunities 29
Exelon Corporation - Threats 30
Exelon Corporation - Key Competitors 31
Section 3 ¬Ė Company Financial Ratios 32
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 32
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 33
Performance Chart 35
Financial Performance 35
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios 36
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 37
Section 4 ¬Ė Company¬ís Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 38
Exelon Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 38
Exelon Corporation, Power, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 39
Exelon Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 40
Section 5 ¬Ė Company¬ís Recent Developments 41
Mar 01, 2017: NRC to Hold Regulatory Conference with Exelon Regarding Apparent Violation at Oyster Creek Nuclear Power Plant 41
Feb 27, 2017: Byron Generating Station Unit 1 Refueling Outage Underway 42
Feb 21, 2017: Bryan Dumont Joins Exelon as Director of Reputation Insights and Strategy 43
Feb 13, 2017: LaSalle Unit 1 Offline 44
Feb 08, 2017: Exelon Announces Fourth Quarter 2016 Results, Provides 2017 Earnings Expectation 45
Feb 06, 2017: LaSalle Refueling Outage Powers Local Economy 48
Jan 27, 2017: LaSalle Unit 2 Returns to Service 49
Jan 23, 2017: LaSalle Unit 2 Offline 50
Jan 20, 2017: Maryland PSC Awards an Additional $7 million to Baltimore City Energy Efficiency and Assistance Programs 51
Jan 11, 2017: Exelon Appoints Thomas S. O¬íNeill as Senior Vice President and General Counsel 52
Section 6 ¬Ė Appendix 53
Ratio Definitions 53
About GlobalData 57
Contact Us 57
List of Figures
Exelon Corporation, Share of Installed Capacity by Fuel Type, MW, 2010 12
Exelon Corporation, Share of Installed Capacity by Region, MW, 2010 13
Exelon Corporation, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016) 35
Exelon Corporation, Ratio Charts 37
Exelon Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 38
Exelon Corporation, Power, Deals by Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 39
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.