Cigarettes in Netherlands
The cigarettes market in Netherlands has always been one of the most stable in Europe. The market was positive in 2014 although a fall still occurred as specific excise was again increased. Volumes dropped by 4.4% to 10.22 billion pieces as a result. Forecasts for 2015 are more hopeful with only a 1.1% fall expected to 10.10 billion pieces. The Netherlands had, until recently, one of the largest cigarette manufacturing industries in Western Europe, despite only having a modest domestic market, due to its position as an important export production base for Philip Morris and also until recently BAT.
- The Netherlands had, until recently, one of the largest cigarette manufacturing industries in Western Europe, despite only having a modest domestic market, due to its position as an important export production base for Philip Morris and also until recently BAT.
- The Netherlands had until recently maintained a fairly moderate tax regime, increasing taxation only slowly and mantaing consumption level fairly stable. The market was more positive in 2014 although a fall still occurred as specific excise was again increased.
- Volumes dropped by 4.4% to 10.22 billion pieces as a result. Forecasts for 2015 are more hopeful with only a 1.1% fall expected to 10.10 billion pieces.
Cigarettes in Netherlands 2017 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Spanish market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2 Market Size
3 Market Structure
4 Manufacturers and Brands
5 Taxation and Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
5.3. The Smoking Population
6 Production and Trade
6.1 Production 39
7 Operating Constraints
7.1 Advertising Restrictions
7.2 Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
7.3 Other Restrictions
8 Company Profiles
9 Prospects and Forecasts
10.1 What is this Report About?
10.2 Time Frame
10.3 Product Category Coverage
10.5 About GlobalData
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.