Global Lead Mining to 2020
GlobalData’s new report, "Global Lead Mining to 2020", provides global lead reserves by country, by major operating mines and grade; historic and forecast data on global lead mine production, lead metal consumption and price. The report also covers factors affecting the demand for lead and region-wise data on active, exploration and development lead projects. It also gives profile of largest lead mining companies in the world.
- Information on global lead reserves by country, reserves by major operating mines and lead grade.
- Historic and forecast lead mine production, lead metal consumption and price data from 2000 to 2020.
- Comprehensive information of major operating lead mines in Asia-Pacific (APAC), Europe, Oceania, Middle East and Africa (MEA), South and Central America (SCA), North America (NA) and Former Soviet Union (FSU)
- Comprehensive information of major exploration and development lead projects in APAC, Europe, Oceania, MEA, SCA, NA and FSU.
- Obtain various factors affecting the global lead industry and demand for the commodity.
- Company profile, including company overview, business description and information on current and upcoming lead projects.
Reasons to buy
- Get an overview of global lead reserves and bifurcation by country, selected operating mines and lead grade.
- Obtain historic (2000-2015) and forecast data on lead mine production, lead metal consumption and prices to 2020.
- Identify various factors that drive and affect the lead demand.
- Information about various active, exploration and upcoming lead projects with bifurcation by region.
- Identify and understand various companies operating in the global lead mining industry with complete profile and business description.
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 3
2 GLOBAL LEAD MINING - RESERVES, PRODUCTION AND CONSUMPTION 7
2.1 Reserves by Country, Major Mines, Grade and Mine Life 7
2.1.1 Australia 8
2.1.2 China 8
2.1.3 Russia 9
2.1.4 Peru 9
2.1.5 Mexico 10
2.2 Historical and Forecast Production 11
2.2.1 Total production, by country 13
188.8.131.52 China 14
184.108.40.206 Australia 16
220.127.116.11 The US 18
2.3 Active Mines 20
2.4 Exploration Projects 28
2.5 Development Projects 34
2.6 Global Lead Consumption 42
2.7 Demand Drivers 43
2.7.1 Global automobile industry 43
3 MAJOR LEAD PRODUCERS GLOBALLY 45
3.1 Glencore Plc 45
3.2 Teck Resources Ltd 47
3.3 Silvercorp Metals, Inc. 49
3.4 South32 Ltd 51
4 APPENDIX 52
4.1 Abbreviations 52
4.2 Bibliography 52
4.3 Methodology 52
4.3.1 Coverage 52
4.3.2 Secondary Research 53
4.3.3 Primary Research 53
4.3.4 Expert Panel Validation 54
4.4 Contact Us 54
4.5 Disclaimer 54
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global Lead Mining - Lead Reserves by Country (%), 2016 7
Figure 2: Global Lead Mining - Historic and Forecast Lead Mine Production (Thousand Tonnes) and Lead Prices (US$/Tonne), 2000-2020 11
Figure 3: Global Lead Mining - Historic and Forecast Lead Production for Selected Countries (Thousand Tonnes), 2000-2020 13
Figure 4: Global Lead Mining - Historical and Forecast Lead Mine Production in China (Thousand Tonnes), 2000-2020 15
Figure 5: Global Lead Mining - Historical and Forecast Lead Mine Production in Australia (Thousand Tonnes), 2000-2020 17
Figure 6: Global Lead Mining - Historical and Forecast Lead Mine Production in the US (Thousand Tonnes), 2000-2020 18
Figure 7: Global Lead Mining - Historic and Forecast Lead Metal Consumption (Million Tonnes), 2000-2020 42
Figure 8: Global Lead Mining - Global Automobile Production (No. of Units in Million) Vs Global Lead Metal Consumption (Thousand Tonnes), 2000-2015 44
Figure 9: Global Lead Mining - Total Annual Revenues by Selected Companies (US$ Million), 2014-2015 45
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.