FMCG Industry Business Confidence Report - H1 2017
The existing economic environment is stable for the FMCG industry, and customer confidence levels will remain positive during H1 2017. Survey results reveal that executives who operate in the Asia-Pacific and North America project a more favorable opinion about economic prospects in the region for H1 2017. In the US, a rise in personal disposable income and household spending, growing consumer confidence, fall in unemployment rate, expected rise in GDP growth rate, and positive prospects for oil prices, are identified as the key contributing factors to this favorable opinion. The FMCG industry is expected to record higher expenditure towards new product development and marketing and advertising in H1 2017. Moreover, executives who operate in North America highlighted a focus on improving operational efficiency over the next six months.
- In total, 44% of survey respondents state that the current economic environment is stable, whereas 22% of respondents indicated that the economic condition is very favorable or favorable
- The positive outlook towards company growth over the next six months is highest among executives with business operations in Europe
- The majority of respondents with business operations in North America anticipate a significant increase in consumer confidence during the next six months
- Globally, 39% of FMCG industry executives expect an increase of 2% to 5.99% in the supplier prices of ingredients during the next six months
- Industry executives across the globe highlight the increasing tax burden and regulatory issues as pressing economical concerns that are likely to impact their company's performance over the next six months
Global Data's FMCG Industry Business Confidence Report examines executives' opinion about the business environment during H1 2017. It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives' expectations towards the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
- Change in customer confidence: analyzes FMCG industry executives' opinion about the change in customer confidence during H1 2017
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales for H1 2017 among industry executives globally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2017
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
Reasons To Buy
- Helps organizations to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the FMCG industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected change in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of FMCG industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2017
- Definitions and abbreviations
- Methodology and sample size
- Respondent profile
Economic state, growth prospects, and consumer confidence
- Existing economic environment
- Industry and company growth outlook
- Expected change in consumer confidence
Supplier prices, staff headcount, and sales performance
- Supplier prices expectations
- Anticipated change in staff head count and sales projections
- Anticipated change in spend on key activities
Business concerns and organizational priorities
- Level of concerns and expected impact
- Significance of potential business priorities
Figure 1: Current economic condition - Overall
Figure 2: Current economic condition - Region
Figure 3: Current economic condition - Those who operate and do not operate in a region
Figure 4: Industry and company growth prospects - Overall
Figure 5: Industry and company growth prospects - Overall - In detail
Figure 6: Industry and company growth prospects - Region
Figure 7: Anticipated variation in consumer confidence - Overall
Figure 8: Anticipated variation in consumer confidence - Region
Figure 9: Projected change in supplier prices - Raw material - Overall and regional
Figure 10: Projected change in supplier prices - Semi-finished products - Overall and regional
Figure 11: Projected change in supplier prices - Packaging - Overall and regional
Figure 12: Projected change in supplier prices - Ingredients - Overall and regional
Figure 13: Staff headcount and sales outlook - Regional
Figure 14: Expenditure projection on key activities - Overall
Figure 15: Top five business concerns - Region
Figure 16: Business concerns - Overall and regional - A
Figure 17: Business concerns - Overall and regional - B
Figure 18: Business concerns - Overall and regional - B
Figure 19: Top five organizational priorities - Region
Figure 20: Organizational priorities - Overall and region
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.