Negative Pressure Wound Therapy - 5EU Analysis and Market Forecasts
The negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) market in Europe is a burgeoning market that is expected to continue to grow through 2021. Increasing physician and patient awareness of NPWT as well as the rising prevalence of diseases directly associated with the onset of chronic wounds, such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease, are expected to drive the growth of the US NPWT market. NPWT devices, including stand-alone devices, portable devices, disposable devices, and canisters can be used to treat patients with complex acute or chronic wounds.
The NPWT market is determined for the five major European markets (5EU): France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK. The report provides insights into the competitive landscape, the marketed and pipeline products, the current and emerging players and market analysis of the different device segments within the NPWT market in the 5EU. The report also provides insight into the unmet needs and an understanding of physician perceptions and decision-making process in using NPWT. This report is built using data and information sourced from secondary sources and primary research interviews with leading wound management specialists, plastic and reconstructive surgeons, and general surgeons, with in-house analysis conducted by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 4 working days (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future NPWT market outlook in the 5EU? What trends are affecting these markets?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
- What are the unmet needs with NPWT devices currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of NPWT device over another? What is physician perception and market outlook of NPWT?
- What are the challenges and complications of NPWT that have hindered widespread adoption?
- With developing the next-generation of NPWT devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the 5EU NPWT market?
- Overview of wound management, including anatomy, epidemiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines and modalities.
- Annualized total NPWT market revenue from 2011-2021 including adoption patterns in the 5EU.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement and regulatory considerations, and implications for the NPWT market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, including a discussion of emerging trends and NPWT devices in development.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the 5EU NPWT market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, barriers and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- “What Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading wound management specialists, plastic and reconstructive surgeons, and general surgeons from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2.2 Related Reports
3 Industry Overview
3.1.1 Wound Healing
3.1.2 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
3.1.3 Market Segmentation
3.2.2 Chronic Wounds
3.2.3 Acute Wounds
3.3 Clinical Presentation
3.4 Clinical Outcomes
3.4.1 Treatment Options
3.4.2 Lifestyle Changes
3.5 Applications of Technology
3.5.1 Wound Drainage
3.5.2 Wound Healing
3.5.3 Bolstered Dressings for Skin Grafts
3.6 Market Access
3.6.1 Purchasing Decisions
3.7 Influence of Clinical Trials
3.8 Brand Loyalty
3.11 Procedure Trends
3.11.1 5EU Overview
3.12 Regulatory Issues/Recalls
3.12.1 Smith & NephewÂ’s Renasys EZ Product Line
3.13 M&As, Key Partnerships
3.13.1 Kinetic Concepts Partners with B. Braun Medical to Enhance Product Offering
3.13.2 Wound RX Medical Acquires the Rights to Market Atmos NPWT in the US
3.14 Economic Impact
3.14.1 Indirect Costs
3.14.2 Direct Costs
4 Unmet Needs
4.2 Need for Increased Portability
4.3 Additional Pump Setting Options
4.5 Wound Interface Dressings
4.5.1 Addressing Dressing Over-Adherence
4.6 Instillation Therapy
4.7 Incorporating Device Safety Features
4.7.1 System Alarms
4.8 User Interface
4.8.1 Software Components
4.9 Single-Use/Disposable Devices
5 Market Opportunity Analysis
5.2 Emerging Markets
5.3 Powerless Devices
5.4 Novel Accessories
5.4.1 Biodegradable Dressings
5.4.2 Wound Contact Layers
5.5 Â“SmartÂ” Negative Pressure Devices
5.6 Metered Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
6 Market Drivers and Barriers
6.1 Driver: Physician Awareness
6.2 Driver: Patient Demand and Awareness
6.3 Driver: Disposable Device Adoption
6.4 Driver: Rising Disease Prevalence
6.4.1 Diabetes Mellitus
6.4.2 Cardiovascular Disease
6.5 Driver: Advanced Computational Tools
6.6 Driver: Rising Competition and Innovation
6.7 Barrier: Lack of Randomized Clinical Trails
6.8 Barrier: Lack of Reimbursement
6.9 Barrier: High Device and Procedure Cost
6.10 Barrier: Burden of Rising Regulation
6.11 Barrier: US Medical Device Excise Tax
6.12 Substitute: Advanced Wound Dressings
6.13 Substitute: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
6.14 Substitute: Biologics and Tissue-Engineered Products
7 Competitive Assessment
7.2 Classification Based on Features
7.2.1 Reusable Devices
7.2.2 Disposable Devices
7.3 Market Dynamics Analysis
7.4 Product Profiles
7.4.1 Reusable Devices
7.4.2 Disposable Devices
8 Pipeline Assessment
8.2 Product Profiles
8.2.1 Platform for Wound Care Negative Pressure Device (Applied Tissue Technologies)
8.2.2 Quantum (Innovative Therapies)
8.2.3 SWAN-iCare Â“SmartÂ” Negative Pressure System
8.2.4 Wound-Pump (WiCare)
9 Clinical Trials to Watch
9.2 Effectiveness of the V.A.C. Ulta Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System with the V.A.C. VeraFlo
9.3 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Â– Therapy Effects and the Impact on the PatientÂ’s Quality of Life
9.4 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy as a Drug Delivery System (ADANPWT)
9.5 Negative Pressure Wound Therapy for Skin Grafts
10 Current and Future Players
10.2 Trends in Corporate Strategy
10.2.1 Maximizing Portability
10.2.2 Specialized Payment Structures
10.2.3 Targeted Device and Accessory Bundles
10.2.4 Training and Education Programs
10.3 Company Profiles
10.3.1 ArjoHuntleigh Healthcare
10.3.2 Atmos MedizinTechnik
10.3.4 Devon Medical Products
10.3.5 EquinoxO2 Medical
10.3.6 Genadyne Biotechnologies
10.3.7 Innovative Therapies
10.3.8 Kinetic Concepts
10.3.10 MĂ¶lnlycke Health Care
10.3.12 Shangdong Wego Newlife Medical Device Co.
10.3.13 Smith & Nephew
10.3.15 Talley Group
10.3.16 Triage Meditech
10.3.17 WuHan VSD Medical Science & Technology Co.
11 Market Outlook
11.1 Company Market Share
11.1.1 5EU Overview
11.2 By Market Segment
11.2.2 Rental Market
11.2.3 Sales Market
11.3 By Geography
11.3.2 By Country
12.3 Report Methodology
12.3.3 Secondary Research
12.4 Forecasting Methodology
12.5 Physicians and Specialists Included in This Study
12.6 About the Authors
12.6.2 Global Head of Healthcare
12.7 About GlobalData
1.2 List of Figures
Figure 1: The Four Phases of Wound Healing Following Injury
Figure 2: Wound Classification Hierarchy
Figure 3: Value Chain in the NPWT Market
Figure 4: 5EU, Number of Cases Being Treated Using Reusable NPWT Devices, 2011–2021
Figure 5: 5EU, Number of Cases Being Treated Using Disposable NPWT Devices, 2011–2021
Figure 6: Physicians’ Perceptions of Top Unmet Needs Associated with NPWT
Figure 7: Pump Setting Options in NPWT
Figure 8: Schematic of Negative Pressure as a Function of Time for Various Pump Setting Options in NPWT
Figure 9: Company Market Share for NPWT, By Country, 2013
Figure 10: 5EU, Company Market Share for NPWT, 2013
Figure 11: Global NPWT Market Forecast ($m) by Market Segment, 2011–2021
Figure 12: Global NPWT Market Share by Market Segment, 2014 and 2021
Figure 13: 5EU NPWT Market Forecast ($m) by Segment, 2011–2021
Figure 14: 5EU NPWT Market Share by Segment, 2014 and 2021
Figure 15: France NPWT Market Forecast ($m) by Segment, 2011–2021
Figure 16: France NPWT Market Share by Segment, 2014 and 2021
Figure 17: Germany NPWT Market Forecast ($m) by Segment, 2011–2021
Figure 18: Germany NPWT Market Share by Segment, 2014 and 2021
Figure 19: Italy NPWT Market Forecast ($m) by Segment, 2011–2021
Figure 20: Italy NPWT Market Share by Segment, 2014 and 2021
Figure 21: Spain NPWT Market Forecast ($m) by Segment, 2011–2021
Figure 22: Spain NPWT Market Share by Segment, 2014 and 2021
Figure 23: UK NPWT Market Forecast ($m) by Segment, 2011–2021
Figure 24: UK NPWT Market Share by Segment, 2014 and 2021
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.