Global Mobile Apps
Global Mobile Apps industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the mobile apps market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globalmobile apps market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key mobile apps market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global mobile apps market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Global mobile apps market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Global mobile apps market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global mobile apps market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global's mobile apps market?
The mobile applications market is valued using a bottom-up approach that takes into consideration the average number of user and/or accounts of a particular technology in a given year and the average monthly revenue per subscription (ARPS) during that same year. Non-recurring fees such as activation fees are not accounted for. Revenues are exclusive of VAT. Volumes represent the average number of active mobile users using application or non-messaging services - individuals can therefore be double-counted if they have more than one subscription. The market is segmented into ringtones, graphics/images, games, browsing/WAP, video, music and other mobile applications (data cards/modems). Any currency conversions have been carried out using constant annual average 2015 exchange rates.
The global Mobile Apps market is expected to generate total revenues of $375.9bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.8% between 2012 and 2016.
Market consumption volume is forecast to increase with a CAGR of 13.9% between 2012-2016, to reach a total of 7,507.1 million applications in 2016.
Many companies have found it difficult to develop revenue streams as fast as they have developed user-bases, businesses are now operating through a number of different income systems and the value of the market is expected to increase.
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Tencent Holdings Limited
Related MarketLine research
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.