Fragrances in South Africa
Fragrances in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the fragrances market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the fragrances market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key fragrances market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa fragrances market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Africa fragrances market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the South Africa fragrances market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the South Africa fragrances market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa fragrances market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in South Africa's fragrances market?
The fragrances market consists of the retail sale of female fragrances, male fragrances and unisex fragrances. The market is valued according to retail selling price (RSP) and includes any applicable taxes. Any currency conversions used in the compilation of this report have been calculated using 2015 annual average exchange rates.
The South African fragrances market generated total revenues of $605.7m in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% between 2011 and 2015.
Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 4% between 2011 and 2015, to reach a total of 11.6 million units in 2015.
In recent years structural economic issues have come to the fore. Utility and fuel prices soared as the country struggled to satisfy energy demands. This suppressed disposable incomes and although the situation has improved, it has not entirely been solved. Whilst it is clear that this has not affected South Africa's fragrance market this could however, in theory, negatively impact the market in the future if prices soar due to scarcity again.
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Avon Products, Inc.
The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
The Procter and Gamble Company
Related MarketLine research
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.