Internet Access in South Africa
Internet Access in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the internet access market in South Africa
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the internet access market in South Africa
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key internet access market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the South Africa internet access market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the South Africa internet access market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the South Africa internet access market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the South Africa internet access market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the South Africa internet access market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up South Africa's internet access market?
The internet access sector consists of the total revenues generated by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) from the provision of narrowband and broadband Internet connections and wireless through both consumer and corporate channels. Market volumes represent total number of subscriptions. Any currency conversions have been calculated using constant annual average 2015 exchange rates.
The South African internet access market had total revenues of $8,269.6m in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.5% between 2011 and 2015.
Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 13% between 2011-2015, to reach a total of 28,550.5 thousand subscriptions in 2015.
The performance of the market is forecast to decelerate, with an anticipated CAGR of 17.7% for the five-year period 2015 - 2020, which is expected to drive the market to a value of $18,640.5m by the end of 2020.
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
MTN Group Limited
Telkom SA SOC Limited
Vodacom Group Limited
VOX Telecom Ltd.
Related MarketLine research
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.