Toys and Games in North America
Toys and Games in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the toys and games market in North America
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the toys and games market in North America
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key toys and games market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the North America toys and games market with five year forecasts
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the North America toys and games market. Includes market size data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the North America toys and games market by value in 2015?
- What will be the size of the North America toys and games market in 2020?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the North America toys and games market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- How large is North America's toys and games market in relation to its regional counterparts?
The toys and games market includes retail sales of action figures, activity toys, dolls, games, infant and baby toys, miniature models, plush toys, puzzles, ride-on model toys, and toy vehicles. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2015 annual average exchange rates.
The North American toys and games market had total revenues of $27,480.7m in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.3% between 2011 and 2015.
Other specialist retailers accounted for the largest proportion of sales in the North American toys and games market in 2015. Sales through this channel generated $11,815.2m, equivalent to 43% of the market's overall value.
The market is driven to some extent by licensed toys linked to film and TV franchises. 2015 was a strong year as Disney's Frozen continued to drive sales of toys and the release of Stars Wars: The Force Awakens just in time for Christmas also spawned a range of highly successful related products, introducing the franchise to a whole new generation of children.
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Toys "R" Us, Inc.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Related MarketLine research
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.