MediPoint: Computed Tomography Systems - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Computed tomography (CT) systems are categorized into the following segments: 256-slice, 128-slice, 64-slice, 20-20 slice, and 16-slice and below.
Growth in the Computed tomography (CT) systems market will be driven by the need for non-invasive imaging procedures and the global rise in chronic conditions such as heart disease or cancer.
This technology is an important platform for safe, flexible diagnostics and treatment planning. The technology continues to improve as the number of applications grows.
The global market for contrast media injectors is dominated by Siemens Healthineers, GE Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, and Toshiba Medical Systems.
Other key players include Neusoft Medical Systems, Hitachi Medical Systems, and Neurologica Corporation.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future computed tomography (CT) systems market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends and events are affecting the global market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that device manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products?
- What are the unmet needs with the current generation of scanners? How will emerging technologies such as spectral CT fulfill these unmet needs?
- What are the challenges that hinder growth in the computed tomography (CT) systems market?
- With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the global computed tomography (CT) systems market?
- Growth in the computed tomography (CT) systems market will continue to be driven by the rise of chronic diseases and the need for non-invasive, flexible diagnostic imaging.
- CT systems are expected to see strong growth, with especially high growth in emerging APAC markets.
- 64-slice CT systems remain the largest market segment, but 128-slice systems as the number of applications for CT grows.
- The current key players need to invest in emerging markets, and continue to emphasize technology that offers high-resolution imaging at lower prices.
- Competitive assessment: Currently marketed computed tomography (CT) systems and evolving competitive landscape
- In-depth analysis of unmet needs and adoption trends of different computed tomography (CT) systems
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
- Pipeline analysis: Emerging products and technologies.
- Annualized total contrast media injector market revenue by segment and market outlooks by country from 2012-2022.
- Other key topics covered include strategic competitive assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, market dynamics, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global computed tomography (CT) systems market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global computed tomography (CT) systems market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific computed tomography (CT) systems market from 2012-2022.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 6
1.1 List of Tables 9
1.2 List of Figures 11
2 Introduction 13
2.1 Catalyst 13
2.2 Related Reports 13
3 Industry Overview 15
3.1 Reimbursement 15
3.1.1 North America 15
3.1.2 Europe 16
3.1.3 Asia Pacific 17
3.1.4 South America 20
3.1.5 Middle East and Africa 21
3.2 Regulatory Issues/Recalls 22
3.3 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions/Key Partnerships 23
4 Unmet Needs 24
4.1 Overview 24
4.2 Dose Control 24
4.3 Imaging Capabilities 25
4.4 Algorithms and Computational Power 26
5 Competitive Assessment 27
5.1 Company Share Analysis 27
5.1.1 North America 28
5.1.2 Europe 30
5.1.3 Asia Pacific 31
5.1.4 South America 32
5.1.5 Middle East and Africa 33
5.2 Major Players 33
5.2.1 GE Healthcare 33
5.2.2 Siemens Healthineers 36
5.2.3 Philips Healthcare 39
5.2.4 Hitachi Medical Systems 41
5.2.5 NeuroLogica Corporation 43
5.2.6 Neusoft Medical Systems 44
5.2.7 Toshiba Medical Systems Inc. 46
5.2.8 Pipeline Products 49
6 Market Outlook 51
6.1 Technological Trends 51
6.1.1 Spectral CT 51
6.1.2 Dual Source CT 52
6.1.3 4D Imaging 53
6.1.4 Pediatric Scanning 53
6.1.5 Accommodating Obese Patients 54
6.1.6 Information Technology 55
6.2 Market Drivers and Barriers 56
6.2.1 Market Drivers 56
6.2.2 Market Barriers 58
6.3 Market Outlooks by Segment 61
6.3.1 256-320 slice CT Systems 63
6.3.2 128-slice CT Systems 64
6.3.3 64-slice CT Systems 65
6.3.4 20-40 slice CT Systems 66
6.3.5 16-slice and below CT Systems 67
6.4 Market Outlooks by Geography 68
6.4.1 North America 70
6.4.2 Europe 74
6.4.3 Asia Pacific 82
6.4.4 South America 85
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa 88
7 Appendix 91
7.1 Data Book 91
7.1.1 Market Value 91
7.1.2 Sales Volume 103
7.1.3 Install Base 115
7.2 Bibliography 126
7.3 Abbreviations 134
7.4 Methodology 135
7.5 Forecasting Methodology 136
7.6 About the Authors 137
7.6.1 Sarah Janer, Analyst - Medical Devices 137
7.6.2 Linda Tian, MSc, Managing Analyst, Medical Devices 137
7.6.3 Tyler Fletcher, Global Head of Medical Devices 138
7.7 About GlobalData 139
7.8 Disclaimer 139
1.2 List of Figures
Figure 1: Global Company Shares for CT Systems, 2016 28
Figure 2: North America Company Shares for CT Systems, 2016 29
Figure 3: United States Company Shares for CT Systems, 2016 29
Figure 4: Europe Company Shares for CT Systems, 2016 31
Figure 5: APAC Shares for CT Systems, 2016 32
Figure 6: South America Company Shares for CT Systems, 2016 32
Figure 7: Middle East and Africa Company Shares for CT Systems, 2016 33
Figure 8: Global Market Value Forecast for All CT Systems Segments, $M, 2014-2023 61
Figure 9: CT Systems Market Comparison by Segment, $M, 2016 and 2023 62
Figure 10: Global Market Value Forecast for 256-320 slice CT Systems Segment, $M, 2014-2023 63
Figure 11: Global Market Value Forecast for 128-slice CT Systems Segment, $M, 2014-2023 64
Figure 12: Global Market Value Forecast for 64-slice CT Systems Segment, $M, 2014-2023 65
Figure 13: Global Market Value Forecast for 20-40 slice CT Systems Segment, $M, 2014-2023 66
Figure 14: Global Market Value Forecast for 16-slice and below CT Systems Segment, $M, 2014-2023 67
Figure 15: Global Market Value Forecast for CT Systems Segment by Geography $M, 2014-2023 68
Figure 16: Global CT Systems Segment Revenue Distribution by Geography, 2016 and 2023 69
Figure 17: North America Market Value Forecast for CT Systems Segment by Geography $M, 2014-2023 71
Figure 18: North America Market Value Forecast for CT Systems by Segment $M, 2014-2023 72
Figure 19: Europe Market Value Forecast for CT Systems by Geography $M, 2014-2023 75
Figure 20: Europe Market Value Forecast for CT Systems by Segment $M, 2014-2023 77
Figure 21: APAC Market Value Forecast for CT Systems by Geography $M, 2014-2023 82
Figure 22: APAC Market Value Forecast for CT Systems by Segment $M, 2014-2023 83
Figure 23: South America Market Value Forecast CT Systems by Geography $M, 2014-2023 85
Figure 24: South America Market Value Forecast for CT Systems by Segment $M, 2014-2023 86
Figure 25: Middle East and Africa Market Value Forecast for CT Systems by Geography $M, 2014-2023 88
Figure 26: Middle East and Africa Market Value Forecast for CT Systems by Segment $M, 2014-2023 89
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.