Cigarettes in Tunisia, 2016
"Cigarettes in Tunisia, 2016" is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Tunisian market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The Tunisian cigarette market has shown relatively strong growth during the last two decades, assisted to a large extent by generally buoyant economic conditions and a degree of political stability. However, the period since 2009 has shown signs of a slowdown in this expansion with economic and political disturbances leading to a collapse in sales during 2010 and a fall in volumes during the period 2011–2014. Taken with the impact of the growing non-duty paid sector, which accounted for a fifth of total sales as of late 2014, duty paid sales were down at 11.9 billion pieces in 2014, although this was still 45.3% ahead of sales in 1990. Per capita consumption is high by African standards at 1,042 pieces in 2015, which was 4.9% up on 1990 levels but well down on levels seen in the middle of the last decade.
- There has been a gradual shift away from traditional dark cigarettes towards lighter versions as in other North African markets.
- One local manufacturer, the state-owned Régie Nationale des Tabacs et Allumettes (RNTA), dominates the market, although its profile shows signs of weakening.
- A complete ban on smoking in public places was brought into law in March 2010.
- Volumes are set to expand over the forecast period with a reduction in contraband set to be of notable significance.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 11
4. Manufacturers & Brands 13
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 16
5.1. Taxation 16
5.2. Retail Prices 17
6. The Smoking Population 21
7. Production & Trade 25
7.1. Production 25
7.2. Imports 28
7.3. Exports 32
8. Operating Constraints 35
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 35
8.2. Health Warnings 36
8.3. Government Restrictions 37
9. Company Profiles 38
10. Prospects & Forecasts 39
11. Appendix 41
11.1. What is this Report About? 41
11.2. Time Frame 42
11.3. Product Category Coverage 43
11.4. Methodology 44
11.5. About GlobalData 46
11.6. Disclaimer 47
11.7. Contact Us 48
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 44
Figure 2: Global Data at a glance 46
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.