Cigarettes in Turkey, 2016
"Cigarettes in Turkey, 2016" is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Turkish market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Until quite recently, the Turkish market had been expanding steadily, with 2004 sales 48.1% above 1990 levels. More recently, the market has fallen back, hit by a combination of rising prices, higher taxation, growing health awareness and more stringent regulations, with per capita consumption stood at 1,208 pieces in 2014. The country is emerging as a major regional producer and exporter of cigarettes, and markets such as Bahrain, Iran and Iraq account for a significant share of sales.
- The cigarette market has seen enormous changes in recent years.
- American blend filter products now dominate where oriental leaf once predominated.
- Equally, filter cigarettes now dominate, accounting for 100% of sales.
- Legislation on smoking is gradually being tightened and both the cigarette market and per capita consumption are forecast to fall.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 12
4. Manufacturers & Brands 16
5. Taxation & Retail Prices 31
5.1. Taxation 31
5.2. Retail Prices 32
6. The Smoking Population 38
7. Production & Trade 42
7.1. Production 42
7.2. Imports 46
7.3. Exports 48
8. Operating Constraints 54
8.1. Advertising Restrictions 54
8.2. Health Warnings 55
8.3. Other Restrictions 56
9. Company Profiles 58
10. Prospects & Forecasts 61
11. Appendix 63
11.1. What is this Report About? 63
11.2. Time Frame 64
11.3. Product Category Coverage 65
11.4. Methodology 66
11.5. About GlobalData 68
11.6. Disclaimer 69
11.7. Contact Us 70
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 66
Figure 2: Global Data at a glance 68
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.