Cigarettes in Australia, 2016
“Cigarettes in Australia, 2016”, is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Australian market.
Australia has been a substantial and well developed market for cigarettes, although market volumes, are in long-term decline and continue to decline under the weight of heavy taxation and severe regulation. Volume sales continued to go down in 2015, and its duty paid volumes in 2015 were almost 55% below 1990 levels.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025.
- legitimate per capita consumption levels have also fallen significantly since the start of the 1990s due to the impact of tax-led price rises, quit campaigns and substitution by other tobacco products.
- BAT still leads the Australian market in 2015, with PMI in second place with a reduced market share and Imperial Tobacco in third place with an improved share.
- Vietnam the leading export market taking majority of the export volumes.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Serbian market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 7
3. Market Structure 14
4. Manufacturers & Brands 22
5. Taxation & Retail 36
Retail Prices 40
6. The Smoking Population 50
7. Production & Trade 55
8. Operating Constraints 65
Advertising Restrictions 65
Health Warnings/Labeling Requirements 69
Other Restrictions 71
Company Profiles 73
9. Prospects & Forecasts 76
10. Appendix 79
What is this Report About? 79
Time Frame 79
Product Category Coverage 79
About GlobalData 82
Contact Us 83
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 80
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 82
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.