Cigarettes in Ireland
“Cigarettes in Ireland”, is an analytical report by Canade which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Irish market.
The Republic of Ireland has a current population of 4.89 million and is one of the smaller cigarette markets in the European Union with duty paid volume of over 3 billion pieces in 2015. The country has one of the highest levels of taxes and prices in the EU, which has caused a collapse in Irish duty-paid volume and a substantial contraband and a sizeable legal cross border trade.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2015 to 2025.
- Budget tax increases in 2015 and 2016 have added to the pressure on demand.
- Finecut volume declined in 2014 but then had a considerable increase in 2015.
- The United Kingdom has been the main source of imports, but held a reduced share of import volume in 2014.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Irish market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
1. Overview 5
2. Market Size 6
3. Market Structure 16
4. Manufacturers & Brands 19
5. Taxation & Retail 26
Retail Prices 32
6. The Smoking Population 40
7. Production & Trade 46
8. Operating Constraints 56
Advertising Restrictions 56
Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements 57
Other Restrictions 57
Company Profiles 60
9. Prospects & Forecasts 64
10. Appendix 66
What is this Report About? 66
Time Frame 66
Product Category Coverage 66
About GlobalData 69
Contact Us 69
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology 67
Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 69
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.