The North America chromatography resins market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 7%, over the forecast period. The major factors driving the growth of the market studied are technological advancements in chromatography resins and increasing importance of chromatography tests in drug approvals.
- Rising importance of green chromatography is likely to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- United States is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Pharmaceutical Sector
- Chromatography resins are used in the pharmaceutical sector for a variety of applications during medicine manufacture, such as separation of chemical and biomolecules, protein purification for drug delivery, and diagnostics. The demand for chromatography resins is expected to increase, because of the increasing monoclonal antibody production and various government incentives.
- The increasing antibody production is in response to a rising number of critical diseases across the region. According to the World Health Organization, annually millions of people die because of non-communicable diseases (NCDs), of which 81% is because of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), cancer, respiratory diseases, and diabetes mellitus.
- In the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control, over 100 million adults suffer from diabetes or prediabetes, and this number has doubled over the last five years. Additionally, according to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), illnesses from mosquito, tick, and flea bites have tripled, and nine new vector-borne diseases were discovered.
- Owing to all the aforementioned factors, the market for chromatography resins is expected to grow during the forecast period.
United States to Dominate the Market
- The pharmaceutical industry in the country is growing at a rapid rate. The aging population and a rise in healthcare expenditure, along with growing diseases, have led to significant growth in the pharmaceutical industry in the country.
- Additionally, the rising demand for monoclonal antibodies, due to the growing number of critical diseases in the country, has increased the market for chromatographic resins in the country.
- In addition, chromatography resins are used in the food and beverages industry, which is one of the important industries in the country.
- The major manufactures, such as Coca Cola Co., Nestle, Tyson Foods, and Pepsi Co., among others, have their manufacturing units in the country. Hence, the consumption of chromatography resins is increasing in the United States.
- Furthermore, chromatographic columns are used to analyze adulterated food. The United States has some of the strictest adulteration laws, with the presence of the FDA in the country. This has increased the demand for chromatography resins in the country.
- Thus, all the factors, in turn are projected to drive the demand for the chromatography resins in the country during the forecast period.
The North America chromatography resins market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, General Electric, Merck KGaA, Dupont, and Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Technological Advancements in Chromatography Resins
4.1.2 Increasing Importance of Chromatography Tests in Drug Approvals
4.2.1 High Costs vs. Productivity of Chromatography Systems
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
126.96.36.199 Silica Gel
188.8.131.52 Aluminum Oxide
184.108.40.206 Other Synthetic-based Resins
5.2.1 Ion Exchange Chromatography Resins
5.2.2 Affinity Chromatography Resins
5.2.3 Size Exclusion Chromatography Resins
5.2.4 Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography Resins
5.2.5 Other Technologies
5.3 End-user Industry
220.127.116.11 Drug Discovery
18.104.22.168 Drug Production
5.3.2 Water and Environmental Agencies
5.3.3 Food and Beverages
5.3.4 Other End-user Industries
5.4.1 United States
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Agilient Technologies
6.4.2 Avantor, Inc.
6.4.4 General Electric
6.4.5 Merck KGaA
6.4.6 Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
6.4.8 Thermo Fisher Scientific
6.4.9 Tosoh Bioscience LLC
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Rising Importance of Green Chromatography
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.