The thawing system market studied was projected to grow with a CAGR of nearly 12.8% over the forecast period. The major factors attributing to the growth of the market are increasing usage of thawing devices in various applications and increasing demand for thawed cells for treatments of different diseases. Furthermore, the growing investments in research and development programs by the biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies are boosting the market growth. The rising number of blood banks and awareness of advantages of plasma therapy are few other factors driving the growth of the market. However, the high cost of automatic devices is the major drawback of market growth.
Key Market Trends
The blood sample segment is projected to dominate the thawing system market
- Since fresh blood and its components can be stored only for a certain period of time, freezing blood products can help enable a steady supply of life-saving transfusions for patients, even in rural areas and other places which are hard to reach. In life sciences research and clinical trials, blood samples are taken from persons taking part in research or trials for evaluations such as measuring metabolites or biomarkers present in the blood of the individual. Generally, relevant blood samples are frozen and stored in a central laboratory for additional retrospective studies and future analysis. Since blood serum is the preferred sample for various clinical assays, many samples are also stored in this way
- The factors pushing the segment growth are the increasing prevalence of hematological diseases and increasing awareness of advantages of plasma therapy. As per the data published by the American Society of Hematology 900,000 people in the United States develop blood clots yearly, and they are accountable for approximately 100,000 casualties each year.
North America Dominates the Market and Expected to do Same in the Forecast Period
North America is expected to dominate the overall thawing system market, throughout the forecast period. The market growth is due to the factors such as enhancements in the blood bank and biobank infrastructure, increasing research activities in regenerative medicine as well as cell and gene therapy. Furthermore, growing interest in customized medicine and biomarker discovery, a growing number of biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, and increasing government funding are the few factors which are driving the market in this region.
The thawing system market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. Some of the companies which are currently domianting the market are Sartorius AG, BioCision., CytoTherm, Boekel Scientific, Helmer Scientific Inc., Cardinal Health, Barkey GmbH & Co. KG, Helmer Scientific, Sarstedt.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Usage of Thawing System in the Biopharmaceuticals Industry
4.2.2 Increasing Demand for Thawed Cells
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Cost of Automation
4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Device Type
5.1.1 Manual Devices
5.1.2 Automated Devices
5.2 By Sample
5.3 By End-User
5.3.1 Hospitals & Diagnostic Laboratories
5.3.2 Blood Banks & Transfusion Centers
5.4.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.4.5 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Sartorius AG
6.1.4 Boekel Scientific
6.1.5 Helmer Scientific Inc.
6.1.6 Cardinal Health
6.1.7 Barkey GmbH & Co. KG
6.1.8 Helmer Scientific
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.