Alternative Payment Solution: Seqr
Seqr is a Sweden-based mobile payment solution developed by Seamless in 2011. Initially launched as a QR code-based in-store payment solution, it was later extended to include P2P transfers and online, in-app, and contactless payments.
It allows users to make both in-store and online payments by scanning QR codes displayed at merchant counters or webstores with a mobile phone. Users can also make NFC payments by holding their phone near POS terminals, even if the merchant has no direct contract with Seqr. These payments are now accepted at approximately 30 million POS terminals worldwide.
Seqr received an e-Money License from the Swedish Supervisory Authority in 2016, enabling it to issue electronic money. Users are offered a default prepaid Seqr Account within the Seqr app, allowing them to load and hold funds. Seqr users can transfer funds in their account to each other in real-time within Sweden and abroad. Seqr is now available in 16 markets globally and is supported by various banks in those markets, including SEB, Swedbank, Danske Bank, Skandia, Handelsbanken, Nordea, Garanti Bank, Raiffeisen Bank, and bpost banque.
In December 2017, Seamless changed its trade name to Invuo Technologies AB. Subsequently, Invuo Technologies AB sold its Seqr business to Swedish company Glase FinTech AB in order to remain focused on business-to-business payment solutions.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Seqr, including -
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones.
- Seqr was launched by Swedish mobile payments company Seamless in Sweden, allowing users to make in-store payments by scanning QR codes with their mobile phone.
- Seqr offers the ‘Shop Spot’ service, which allows merchants to include a QR code within their print, media, or billboard advertisements.
- In November 2016, Seqr launched P2P money transfer service across 14 European countries.
- In December 2017, Seamless changed its trade name to Invuo Technologies AB. Subsequently, Invuo Technologies AB sold its Seqr business to Swedish company Glase FinTech AB.
Reasons to buy
- Gain insights into Seqr's business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Products and Services
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.