PCs in Asia-Pacific
PCs in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Asia-Pacific pcs market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
The personal computers (PCs) market consists of the sale of both desktop and portable PCs.
- The Asia-Pacific PCs market generated total revenues of $56.5m, representing a compound annual rate of change (CAGC) of -3.6% between 2012 and 2016.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a CARC of -2.0% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 104.4 million units in 2016.
- The PC market remains competitive and the economic environment weakened further with the recent drop in the Chinese stock market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the pcs market in Asia-Pacific
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the pcs market in Asia-Pacific
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key pcs market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Asia-Pacific pcs market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Asia-Pacific pcs market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Asia-Pacific pcs market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Asia-Pacific pcs market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Asia-Pacific's pcs market?
Table of Contents
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Lenovo Group Limited
Related MarketLine research
List of Tables
Table 1: Asia-Pacific PCs market value: $ billion, 2012–16
Table 2: Asia–Pacific PCs market volume: million units, 2012–16
Table 3: Asia–Pacific PCs market category segmentation: $ billion, 2016
Table 4: Asia–Pacific PCs market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2016
Table 5: Asia-Pacific PCs market value forecast: $ billion, 2016–21
Table 6: Asia–Pacific PCs market volume forecast: million units, 2016–21
Table 7: Acer Incorporated: key facts
Table 8: Acer Incorporated: key financials ($)
Table 9: Acer Incorporated: key financials (NT$)
Table 10: Acer Incorporated: key financial ratios
Table 11: Dell Inc: key facts
Table 12: HP Inc.: key facts
Table 13: HP Inc.: key financials ($)
Table 14: HP Inc.: key financial ratios
Table 15: Lenovo Group Limited: key facts
Table 16: Lenovo Group Limited: key financials ($)
Table 17: Lenovo Group Limited: key financial ratios List of Figures
Figure 1: Asia-Pacific PCs market value: $ billion, 2012–16
Figure 2: Asia–Pacific PCs market volume: million units, 2012–16
Figure 3: Asia–Pacific PCs market category segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 4: Asia–Pacific PCs market geography segmentation: % share, by value, 2016
Figure 5: Asia-Pacific PCs market value forecast: $ billion, 2016–21
Figure 6: Asia–Pacific PCs market volume forecast: million units, 2016–21
Figure 7: Forces driving competition in the PCs market in Asia-Pacific, 2016
Figure 8: Drivers of buyer power in the PCs market in Asia-Pacific, 2016
Figure 9: Drivers of supplier power in the PCs market in Asia-Pacific, 2016
Figure 10: Factors influencing the likelihood of new entrants in the PCs market in Asia-Pacific, 2016
Figure 11: Factors influencing the threat of substitutes in the PCs market in Asia-Pacific, 2016
Figure 12: Drivers of degree of rivalry in the PCs market in Asia-Pacific, 2016
Figure 13: Acer Incorporated: revenues & profitability
Figure 14: Acer Incorporated: assets & liabilities
Figure 15: HP Inc.: revenues & profitability
Figure 16: HP Inc.: assets & liabilities
Figure 17: Lenovo Group Limited: revenues & profitability
Figure 18: Lenovo Group Limited: assets & liabilities
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.