The data center security market was valued at USD 11.67 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 26.61 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 14.91%, during the forecast period (2021-2026). 2019 is expected to see the largest data center users, including hyperscale cloud companies and enterprises, optimizing their data centers on a worldwide basis. As part of NTT, RagingWire data centers have spent years developing a global data center platform that currently extends to 20 countries.
- Increasing data traffic arising from a multitude of devices is driving the growth of data centers. This also implies the need for secured connectivity for critical data and confidential information. According to Cisco, global cloud data center traffic is likely to reach 20.6 zettabytes (ZB) per year by 2021, up from 6.0ZB per year in 2016. They expect to see 628 hyperscale data centers, globally, in 2021, compared to 338, in 2016.
- According to the US Securities and Exchange Commission, the average cost of a cyber-data breach has risen from USD 4.9 million in 2017 to USD 7.5 million in 2018. Risks have grown significantly around cyber-attacks, information breaches from third-party vendors, and information theft. This called for complete data security so that any function of an organization is not compromised and no damage is done when it comes to revenue generation.
- Planning a data center budget seems to be getting harder for the companies because a lot of variables should be taken into account and not just some form of growth by resource, volume, or power usage. Old-style license plus maintenance software agreements are running out of steam. More vendors are responding to customer needs by providing subscription-based pricing. Some of these are via software as a service, which removes underlying stack costs from the data center budget.
Key Market Trends
Monitoring Solutions and Capabilities are Driving the Adoption of Data Center Security Solutions
- Rising power density and dynamic power variations are the two major factors that are forcing conventional personnel based monitoring systems to be replaced. Physical threats to the data center include power, cooling, human error, malice, fire, leaks, and air quality.
- Power, cooling, and fire-related threats are monitored by built-in capabilities of power, fire suppression, and cooling devices.
- UPS systems are being employed extensively to monitor the power quality and to load on battery health, while PDUs are being employed for monitoring circuit loads.
- Temperature sensors and humidity sensors are being used for monitoring the air temperature and humidity within the data center.
- Rope and spot leak sensors are being employed for monitoring liquid leaks that can damage the floors, cabling, and CRAC related structures.
Asia Pacific is Estimated to Grow the Fastest among all Regions
- In January 2019, Alibaba Cloud, the cloud computing arm of Alibaba Group, announced the launch of a second data center in Indonesia, within ten months after the inauguration of its first one in the country.
- MNCs, such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and Equinix, are all making the region a favorite destination for the location of their data centers.
- More brands and businesses are expanding their market to the Asia-Pacific region. Hence, there is a need for data center providers in this region. The key segments that make Southeast Asia such an attractive market for data center relocation, currently, are IT infrastructure, server market, and uninterruptible power supplies (UPSs).
The market is highly fragmented due to the presence of players, like McAfee Inc., Juniper Networks Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Citrix Systems Inc., and other giants, which play a vital role to upscale the capabilities of enterprises. Market orientation leads to a highly competitive environment. The biggest companies in retail and wholesale data center markets have further secured their dominance by acquiring hefty rivals, and there’ has been a wave of consolidation in the secondary markets as smaller players seek to scale in order to compete.
- April 2019 - McAfee announced its support for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Cloud Security Command Center (Cloud SCC) to help security professionals gain visibility and control over their cloud resources and to detect and respond to threats.
- January 2019 - Juniper Networks announced that BroadBand Tower, one of Japan’s largest data center providers, selected Juniper Network’s solutions to power it's Next-Gen 5G data center, situated in Tokyo, which may support the rapidly accelerating 5G mobile and next-generation ICT infrastructure demands of the densely-populated urban capital.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Increasing Data Traffic and Need for Secured Connectivity is Promoting the Growth of the Data Center Security Market
4.3.2 Rise in Cyber Threats is Causing the Data Center Security Market to Grow
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Limited IT Budgets, Availability of Low-Cost Substitutes, and Piracy is Discouraging the Potential Growth of Data Center Security Market
4.5 industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/ Consumers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Solutions
5.1.1 Physical Security Solutions
184.108.40.206 Monitoring Solutions
220.127.116.11 Analysis and Modelling
18.104.22.168 Video Surveillance
5.1.2 Logical Security Solutions
22.214.171.124 Compliance Management and Access Control
126.96.36.199 Threat and Application Security Solution
188.8.131.52 Data Protection Solution
5.2 By Industry Vertical
5.2.1 Consumer Goods and Retail
5.2.2 Banking and Financial Services
5.2.3 Telecom and Information Technology
5.2.5 Entertainment and Media
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Symantec Corporation
6.1.2 VMware Inc.
6.1.3 Cisco Systems Inc.
6.1.4 Checkpoint Software Technologies Ltd
6.1.5 McAfee Inc.
6.1.6 Citrix Systems Inc.
6.1.7 Trend Micro Inc.
6.1.8 Juniper Networks Inc.
6.1.9 Schneider Electric SE
6.1.10 Siemens AG
6.1.11 Dell Inc.
6.1.12 Honeywell International Inc.
6.1.13 IBM Corporation
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.