The Global Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) Market is valued at $11.04 billion in 2020 and it is estimated to surpass $15.24 billion with a CAGR of 8.43% during 2020 to 2025. Defense sector generates the maximum revenue of $2.46 billion with a CAGR of 8.4% compared to the others. Use of composite materials is extensive in Europe than in the United States. However, industry insiders estimate CFRP composites will certainly be used in an ever increasing collection of applications in this country, particularly in the transportation industries.
What is CFRP?
Carbon fiber is a state-of-the-art material which is ten times powerful than steel at only a quarter of its heaviness. CFRP, a mixed material made of carbon fiber and plastic, has the added benefit of being highly resistant to deformation and to both acid and alkaline corrosion. It’s potentially supporting to meet demands for energy saving and CO2 reduction in the automotive field has drawn rising attention of late.
It offers great advantages to innovative material solutions such as light-weight, high-tensile strength, manufacturing flexibility and heat resistance. Delivering style of the product is superior in thermal, electrical and has frictional efficiency for a variety of novel applications, including brakes, defense systems & commercial aircraft.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of CFRP market by type, end user industries and geography. The major types of services include thermosetting and thermoplastics.
What are the major applications for CFRP?
The various end users assessed includes automobile, industrial, aviation and aerospace, electrical & electronic, medical, sports equipment, wind energy, civil engineering, transportation, mining, oil & gas and among others. CFRP has revolutionized the major Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) spanning across automobiles, industrial goods, and consumer based products, sports equipment and medical devices.
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Market
Market Research and Market Trends of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic
- Light Weight & High Performance: Because of their high desirable strength-to-weight traits, carbon fiber-reinforced polymer (CFRP) composites are always treasured by aerospace designers. About 5% of global carbon emission is attributed to the aviation sector. However, global commercial aviation has an opportunity to not only nurtures its environmental hand printing impact by shrinking its carbon footprint, but also to cultivate environmental net positive impacts by creating breakthrough technologies that reduce energy intensity of aircraft structural materials production using sustainable sources.
- Graphene Fiber: Graphene is a 2D monolayer of carbon atoms arranged into a perforate latticework and it is the basic building block for carbon materials for all other dimensionalities. This material gains tremendous recognition because of its interesting properties, such as high electron mobility, high thermal conductivity, and incredible elasticity and stiffness.
- Carbon Fiber Beds: It was developed due to increase in reliability, efficiency and functionality of the truck. It replaces the standard steel inner panels and floor with a weightless, purpose-designed carbon fiber composite that offers best-in-class, scratch and corrosion resistance, making it the most durable pickup box in the segment.
Who are the Major Players in Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Teijin Ltd. (Japan), Toray Industries, Inc. (Japan), Cytec Industries Inc. (U.S), Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd. (Japan), Hexcel Corporation (U.S), Hexcel Corporation, Hyosung, Tencate, Dowaksa and more than 20 companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. CFRP Plastic Market - Overview
1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. CFRP Plastic Market - Executive summary
2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. CFRP Plastic Market
3.1. Comparative analysis
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. CFRP Plastic Market Forces
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5. CFRP Plastic Market - Strategic analysis
5.1. Value chain analysis
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. CFRP Plastic Market √ź By Resin Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
126.96.36.199. Vinyl Ester
188.8.131.52. Polyether Ether Ketone (Peek)
184.108.40.206. Polyamide Resins
220.127.116.11. Polyetherimide (PEI)
7. CFRP Plastic Market √ź By Raw Material Type (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
7.2. Polyacrylonitrile (Pan-Based) Carbon Fibers
7.3. Pitch-Based Carbon Fiber
7.4. Rayon-Based Carbon Fiber
8. CFRP Plastic √ź By End Use Industry(Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
8.1. Segment type Size and Market Share Analysis
8.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
8.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
8.3.2. Vehicle Type
18.104.22.168. Passenger Vehicles
22.214.171.124.1. Electric Vehicles
126.96.36.199.2. Hybrid Vehicles
188.8.131.52.3. Non Electric Vehicles
184.108.40.206. Light Commercial Vehicles
220.127.116.11. Heavy Vehicles
18.104.22.168. Commercial Vehicles
22.214.171.124. Pressure Vessels
126.96.36.199. Machinery Manufactures
8.3.4. Aviation and Aerospace
188.8.131.52. Airframe Structures
184.108.40.206. Interior Parts
220.127.116.11.2. Shelving Units
18.104.22.168. Equipment Racks
22.214.171.124. Support Beams
126.96.36.199. Interior Wall
188.8.131.52. Floor paneling
184.108.40.206. Missile Systems
220.127.116.11. Radar Panels
18.104.22.168. Armors for light weight Vehicles
22.214.171.124. Rocket Motor Casing
126.96.36.199. Artificial Limbs
8.3.7. Electrical & Electronic
188.8.131.52. Battery Components
184.108.40.206. Audio Speakers
220.127.116.11. Computer Parts
18.104.22.168. Surgical Instruments
22.214.171.124. Medical Device Housings
126.96.36.199. Drug Delivery Device Components
8.3.9. Sports Equipment
188.8.131.52. Racket sports
8.3.10. Wind Energy
8.3.11. Civil Engineering
8.3.12. Mining, oil & gas
9. CFRP Plastic Market √ź By Manufacturing Process (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
9.2. Lay-Up Process
9.2.1. Hand Lay-Up
9.2.2. Wet Lay-Up
9.3. Compression Molding Process
9.4. Resin Transfer Molding Process
9.5. Filament Winding Process
9.6. Injection Molding Process
9.7. Pultrusion Process
9.8. Other Processes
10. CFRP Plastic - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.1. CFRP Plastic Market - North America Segment Research
10.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
10.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.2.2. Revenue and Trends
10.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
10.2.5.4. Rest of North America
10.3. CFRP Plastic - South America Segment Research
10.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.4.2. Revenue and Trends
10.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
10.4.5.7. Costa Rica
10.4.5.8. Rest of South America
10.5. CFRP Plastic - Europe Segment Research
10.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.6.2. Revenue and Trends
10.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
10.6.5.9. Rest of Europe
10.7. CFRP Plastic √ź APAC Segment Research
10.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
10.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
10.8.2. Revenue and Trends
10.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
10.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
10.8.5. APAC Segment √ź Product type and Application Market Size
10.8.5.4. South Korea
11. CFRP Plastic Market - Entropy
11.1. New product launches
11.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
12. CFRP Plastic Market Company Analysis
12.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
12.2. Toray Industries Inc. (Japan)
12.3. Cytec Industries Inc. (U.S)
12.4. Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd. (Japan)
12.5. Hexcel Corporation (U.S)
12.9. Company 8
12.10. Company 9
12.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
13. CFRP Plastic Market - Appendix
14. CFRP Plastic Market - Methodology
14.1. Research Methodology
14.1.1. Company Expert Interviews
14.1.2. Industry Databases
14.1.4. Company News
14.1.5. Company Annual Reports
14.1.6. Application Trends
14.1.7. New Products and Product database
14.1.8. Company Transcripts
14.1.9. R&D Trends
14.1.10. Key Opinion Leaders Interviews
14.1.11. Supply and Demand Trends
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.