You are here :
Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market - Growth, Trends, And Forecast (2019 - 2024)
Published on: Aug 2019 | From USD $4250 | Published By: MORDOR INTELLIGENCE | Number Of Pages: 85
The electric vehicle charging station market is expected to record a CAGR of 38.45% during the forecast period, 2019-2024. The electric vehicles (EV) market has been witnessing significant growth, owing to the growing environmental concerns and rising demand for sustainable and energy efficient transportation.
- Growing adoption and sales of electric vehicles, along with the enactment of laws and subsidies for promoting the adoption of EVs and declining cost of batteries, are some of the major factors propelling the growth of the market.
- Global plug-in vehicle deliveries reached 2.1 million units for 2018, which is 64% higher than for 2017, which included all BEV and PHEV passenger cars sales, light trucks in the United States/Canada, and light commercial vehicle in Europe and China.
- This rise in sales has been the result of the enactment of stringent emission norms by governments and environmental agencies, to control exhaust emission levels, and to promote the usage of zero-emission vehicles. For instance, in China, the government to encourage the adoption of EVs among the consumers, made a policy to reimburse 30% of the total value of the electric vehicle.
- Among the regions, Europe is expected to witness the fastest growth rate in terms of deployment of the number of charging stations compared to other regions.
Scope of the Report
An electric vehicle charging station, also known as EV charging station, ECS (electronic charging station), and EVSE (electric vehicle supply equipment), is an element in an infrastructure, which supplies electric energy for the recharging/charging of plug-in electric vehicles, including electric cars, neighborhood electric vehicles, and plug-in hybrids.
The electric vehicles charging station market has been segmented by type of charger, application type, and geography.
Key Market Trends
Growing Sales of Electric Vehicles
Electric vehicle market has witnessed rapid growth in recent years.
- The electric vehicle market has been witnessing healthy growth in the recent years, with about 1.9 million units of battery electric vehicles (BEVs) in use in 2017, compared to 109 thousand units of BEVs in 2012.
- This spike in sales has been the result of an increase in regulatory norms, by various organizations and governments, to control emission levels and to propagate zero-emission vehicles.
As a result of the aforementioned reasons, automakers have been continually working and focusing to increase their expenditure on R&D of electric vehicles, which, in turn, is aiding the OEMs to market electric vehicles as the future.
- This strategy had a strong impact on people, as there was a considerable change in the purchase pattern from conventional IC engine vehicles to electric vehicles.
- The change has not decreased the sales of IC engine vehicles, rather created a promising market for electric vehicles in the present, as well as in the forecast period.
Governments across the world are pushing the EV envelope to reduce the rising pollution from fuel-powered vehicles.
- For instance, France and the United Kingdom have given automakers a deadline to go fully electric by 2040.
- China, which sold half a million EVs in 2016, has set out its own roadmap to completely make its transportation electric by 2030.
- Last year, Germany, home to major automakers, such as Volkswagen, BMW, and Mercedes, decided to ban IC engines by 2030.
Thus, the rising trend of electrification of vehicles is expected to propel the demand for electric vehicle charging stations.
China is leading the Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market
Geographically, China is leading the electric vehicle charging station market, followed by Europe. China is the largest market for electric cars and buses across the world, registering more than 1.3 million vehicles in 2018. The new energy vehicle (NEV) share in all light vehicles sold was 7.9%
With the rise in EV sales and demand in the country, the demand for fast charging stations has been increased to support the rising EVs in the country. The idea of implementing DC fast charging infrastructure in the country started in 2013, by partnering with ABB.
With the rapid increase in electric vehicles sales, the demand for DC fast chargers in the country has grown at a steady pace, contributing more than 50% of the overall publicly available fast chargers in 2017, with nearly 82,000 units. The charging stations on the countryŐs highways are operated by the State Grid Corporation of China. The demand to supply ratio of electric vehicle fast-charging stations in China is high. As the electric vehicle sales are expected to touch the 5 million mark by 2021, the countryŐs state cabinet has issued a directive focusing on the construction of nearly 4.8 million EV charging stations by 2020. As of 2018, approximately 167,000 EV charging stations are actively sufficing the demand for charging.
Europe is the second largest market for electric vehicles and the demand for green vehicles is rapidly increasing in the region. Factors, such as strong growth in the Netherlands (owing to comprehensive general taxation plans in which taxes for motor vehicles progressively depends on the CO2 emissions) and change in incentive and subsidies, aided in the rise in sales of EVs.
Some of the major players in the electric vehicle charging station market are EVgo, ABB, ChargePoint Inc. Siemens AG, Tesla Motors Inc, SemaConnect Inc., etc. EVgo has announced that the company has contracted for 100% renewable energy to power its customers, and going to be the first EV charging network in the United States to do so. The company contracts with its energy suppliers and renewable energy certificate (REC) partners to ensure that each gigawatt-hour delivered on its fast charging network financially supports an operating renewable energy generator in the United States.
ABB signed a formal agreement with SAIC Volkswagen, under which the company will provide robotics painting solutions for the first new energy vehicle (NEV) factory of the Volkswagen Group based on the modular electric driver kit (MEB), an automotive platform specifically designed for the mass production of electric vehicles. Financial details were not disclosed.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Type of Charger
5.1.1 AC Charging Station
5.1.2 DC Charging Station
5.2 Application Type
5.3.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 Rest of North America
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 NORDIC Countries
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Rest of the World
22.214.171.124 South America
126.96.36.199 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Key Players Analysis
6.2 COMPANY PROFILES
6.2.2 ChargePoint Inc.
6.2.3 Schneider Electric SE
6.2.4 Siemens AG
6.2.5 Tesla Motors Inc.
6.2.6 AeroVironment Inc.
6.2.7 Leviton Manufacturing Co. Inc.
6.2.8 SemaConnect Inc.
6.2.9 The Newmotion BV
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.
The process usually includes collection and interpretation of market data by using statistical and analytical techniques to support the decision making process.
The report helps in identifying and tracking emerging players in the market and their portfolios, enhances decision making capabilities and helps to create effective counter strategies to gain competitive advantage.
Market research reports provide in-depth analysis about the market conditions and requirements for effective decision making.
The report provides a snapshot of the global market size, segmentation data, marketing growth strategies, market share, export and import information, analysis and forecast of market trends, competition, domestic production, best sales prospects, statistical data, tariffs, regulations, distribution and business practices, end-user analysis, contact points and more.
These research reports include information about competitive strategies, solutions, fact-based research, key takeaways, recommendations, market considerations, emerging business models and market opportunities for multiple segments of an industry.
Market research reports assist in solving business problems and making better decisions to improve business as per the prevalent market trends.
Any person who has the capacity to make decisions for the business must buy the reports. These reports help management in decision making process. Market research helps person to obtain market information from different sources, and in multiple formats. It aims to study supply and demand, analyze data as per geography, age factors, demography, technology, product, psychographic & gender differences, and many other parameters. Access to in-depth market trends helps person to assess the market effectiveness. Some of the multiple techniques used for market research include customer analysis, choice modeling, competition and risk analysis, product research, advertising the research, marketing mix modeling, simulated test marketing, and more.
Market research studies several features of business environment, such as competitors, market structure, government regulations, economic trends, technological advances and financial analysis of companies, industries, and sectors. This helps person in the decision-making process of planning and implementing strategies for their markets.
1. Choose a topic.
2. Make skeleton catalogue.
3. Fill content. As for report content, there are two main information source, Primary and Secondary data collection. Secondary data collectionrefers to information searched from the Internet or data bought from database. Primary data collection refers to information concluded from telephone interview, face-to-face interview, expertâ€™s interview, meeting etc.
4. Audit the report
5. Publish the report.
With regard to information cost, information searching costs the least, database support the second least, and telephone interview the third least. Face-face interview cost higher, in-depth interview much higher and expert interview the highest. A research may adopt all of these approaches, or just some of them.
In general, a good-quality research report needs 1-3 months to be finished. Time and method varies according to different Publishers. Thus, itâ€™s difficult to define an exact procedure or process of making research report. Both time and cost vary. However, specialization has become a basic industry standard. Professional and dedicated products will be more and more popular.
There may be exceptions to this if you place order on a non-working day specifically because our publisher partners are located all over the globe. In case of physical delivery report will be couriered to you within 3 working days from the date of the receipt of payment and delivery time will differ based on your location
+1 (704) 266-3234
- In-depth database Our Reportâ€™s database covers almost all topics of all regions over the Globe..
- Recognised publishing sources Tie ups with top publishers around the globe.
- Customer Support Complete pre and post sales support.
- Safe & Secure Complete secure payment process.