Global Defense Spending
Global Defense Spending industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2013-17, and forecast to 2022). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Global defense spending market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- Defense spending covers capital items, military personnel, government defense agencies, and related expenditure on defense and peacekeeping. The value of the market is taken to include both current and capital expenditure on the armed forces, including funding contributions to peacekeeping forces, such as the United Nations Peacekeeping Forces, defense ministries and other government agencies engaged in defense projects, paramilitary forces (when judged to be trained and equipped for military operations) and military space activities. Expenditure on personnel (including salaries and social services of both military and civil personnel, and retirement pensions of military personnel), procurement, research and development, infrastructure spending, military aid (taken as expenditure by the donor country) and general operations and maintenance are also included. Note that current expenditure on previous military activity such as veterans' benefits, weapon destruction, demobilization, and defense conversion are all excluded, as is expenditure on civil defense.
- The global defense spending market had total budget allocation of $1,635.9bn in 2017, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.8% between 2013 and 2017.
- Market volumes declined with a CARC of -0.1% between 2013 and 2017, to reach a total of 18,672,383 active serving personnel in 2017.
- The US made up 37.3% of global spending on defense in 2017; this demonstrates the power the US has over the rest of the world.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the defense spending market in the global
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the globaldefense spending market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key defense spending market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Global defense spending market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the Global defense spending market by value in 2017?
- What will be the size of the Global defense spending market in 2022?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Global defense spending market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global's defense spending market?
Table of Contents
Executive Summary 2
Market value 2
Market value forecast 2
Market volume 2
Market volume forecast 2
Category segmentation 2
Geography segmentation 2
Market rivalry 2
Market Overview 7
Market definition 7
Market analysis 7
Market Data 9
Market value 9
Market volume 10
Market Segmentation 11
Category segmentation 11
Geography segmentation 12
Market Outlook 13
Market value forecast 13
Market volume forecast 14
Five Forces Analysis 15
Buyer power 16
Supplier power 18
New entrants 19
Threat of substitutes 21
Degree of rivalry 22
Leading Companies 23
BAE Systems plc 23
The Boeing Company 26
Lockheed Martin Corporation 30
Raytheon Co 33
Industry associations 38
Related MarketLine research 38
About MarketLine 39
List of Tables
Table 1: Global defense spending market value: $ billion, 2013-17
Table 2: Global defense spending market volume: active serving personnel, 2013-17
Table 3: Global defense spending market category segmentation: $ billion, 2017
Table 4: Global defense spending market geography segmentation: $ billion, 2017
Table 5: Global defense spending market value forecast: $ billion, 2017-22
Table 6: Global defense spending market volume forecast: active serving personnel, 2017-22
Table 7: BAE Systems plc: key facts
Table 8: BAE Systems plc: key financials ($)
Table 9: BAE Systems plc: key financials (£)
Table 10: BAE Systems plc: key financial ratios
Table 11: The Boeing Company: key facts
Table 12: The Boeing Company: key financials ($)
Table 13: The Boeing Company: key financial ratios
Table 14: Lockheed Martin Corporation: key facts
Table 15: Lockheed Martin Corporation: key financials ($)
Table 16: Lockheed Martin Corporation: key financial ratios
Table 17: Raytheon Co: key facts
Table 18: Raytheon Co: key financials ($)
Table 19: Raytheon Co: key financial ratios
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.