The China marine coatings market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 2% during the forecast period. One of the key factors driving is the high growth in the marine transportation sector along with the expansion of the Chinese navy. However, the impact of COVID-19 is expected to act as a restraint to the market.
Key Market Trends
Anti-fouling coatings are expected to dominate the market
- Anti-fouling coatings are mainly used for hull and tank applications of which marine hull coatings hold a share of more than 75% in the marine antifouling coatings market.
- Anti-fouling hull coating applications dominate the market studied, due to the increasing production of offshore ships, including passenger and cargo, along with offshore drilling activities.
- These coatings are primarily applied to the under-water parts of a ship or yacht, to reduce the growth of the organisms and microbes in the parts attached to the hull. The coatings provide enhancement and durability, along with providing benefits, such as self-cleaning and graffiti resistance.
- Their self-polishing resins and biocides, such as cuprous oxide, along with booster biocides, help prevent bio-fouling organisms. Overall Anti-fouling coatings are expected to dominate the marine coatings market Owing to the high volume requirement of foul resistance coatings for seafaring vessels.
Slow Down in OEM Coatings Segment
The marine vessel construction industry in China has experienced a slowdown in recent years as maritime trade lost momentum in 2018 owing to many reasons including a weakening multilateral trading system and growing protectionism. Chinese marine industry has started showing a recovery in late 2019, especially in the naval cruise market. However, COVID-19 has further affected the industry negatively in 2020. This resulted in the slowdown of new construction orders which has slowed down marine OEM coatings growth considerably in the short term. The aftermarket segment is expected to grow higher than the OEM segment owing to the increase in construction and repair activities. However, the OEM segment is expected to still retain the largest market share.
The market studied is consolidated in nature. Some of the key players in the market include Akzo Nobel N.V., Jotun, PPG Industries, Hempel A/S, NIPSEA GROUP, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 High Growth of Marine Transportation Sector
4.1.2 Growth of Chinese Navy
4.2.1 Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.4.1 Marine OEM
5.4.2 Marine Aftermarket
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Akzo Nobel N.V.
6.4.2 Axalta Coating Systems
6.4.3 Chugoku Marine Paints, Ltd
6.4.4 Hempel A/S
6.4.6 Kansai Paint Marine Co.,Ltd.
6.4.7 KCC CORPORATION.
6.4.8 NIPSEA GROUP
6.4.9 PPG Industries
6.4.10 RPM International, Inc.
6.4.11 The Sherwin-Williams Company
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.