You are here :
North America Waste To Energy Market - Growth, Trends, And Forecasts (2020 - 2025)
Published on: Aug 2020 | From USD $3250 | Published By: MORDOR INTELLIGENCE | Number Of Pages: 100
The North America waste to energy (WTE) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 7.5% during the forecast period 2020 - 2025. The advancements and penetration of the WTE technologies in North America have still not resonated with the pace at which the waste gets generated in the region. The regionŐs decreasing availability of landfill space is creating a shift toward the development of renewable energy, which provides the market with immense potential for growth in the near future. The United States has been one of the countries worldwide at the forefront of adopting WTE technologies mainly because of the introduction of many favorable government initiatives. The country still lacks suitable policies and regulations concerning WTE, high capital investment, and several other factors that have been restraining the growth in the WTE market.
- Thermal technology is expected to dominate the waste-to-energy market, in 2019, owing to the increasing development in the incineration and gasification technologies, as well as the increasing amount of waste generated, especially from the growing economies of North America.
- Emerging waste-to-energy technologies, such as Dendro Liquid Energy (DLE), which is four times more efficient in terms of electricity generation, with additional benefits of no emission discharge and effluence problems at plant sites are expected to create significant opportunities for the market players in the future.
- The United States is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Thermal Based Waste to Energy Conversion to Dominate the Market
- As of 2019, thermal technology is expected to account for the highest market share in the global waste-to-energy market. This trend is expected to continue in the coming years owing to the increasing developments in the technologies of incineration and gasification.
- In Dec 2019, Systems International announced plans for two upcoming Zeros plants in Texas. Both would be near Houston one in Chambers County, another in Liberty County. The company works with project developers that want to pursue Zeros projects. The concept of a 120-megawatt plant that produces 20 million gallons a day of distilled water.
- In the present scenario, incineration is the most well-known waste-to-energy technology for Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) processing, owing to cost-effectiveness. However, waste-to-energy technologies, particularly incineration, produce pollution and carry potential health safety risks.
- In order to reduce particulate and gas-phase emissions, incineration plant owners have adopted a series of process units for cleaning the flue gas stream, which has, in turn, led to a significant improvement in terms of environmental sustainability.
The United States to Dominate the Market
- In 2019, there were 86 waste-to-energy facilities in the United States. According to the Energy Recovery Council, they provide 2,700 MW of clean electricity on a 24 hour per day, 365 days per year basis enough to power about 2 million homes.
- Solid waste is usually burned at special waste-to-energy plants that use the heat from the fire to make steam for generating electricity or to heat buildings. In 2018, 68 US power plants generated about 14 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity from burning 29.5 million tons of combustible MSW.
- Biomass materials accounted for about 64% of the weight of the combustible MSW and about 51% of the electricity generated. The remainder of the combustible MSW was nonbiomass combustible material, mainly plastics.
- Many large landfills also generate electricity by using the methane gas that is produced from decomposing biomass in landfills.
The North American waste to energy market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players are Covanta Holding Corp, Waste Management Inc., Suez SA, Martin GmbH, and Wheelabrator Technologies Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Physical Technology
5.1.2 Thermal Technology
5.1.3 Biological Technology
5.2.1 United States
5.2.3 Rest of North America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Covanta Holding Corp
6.3.2 Waste Management, Inc
6.3.3 Suez SA
6.3.4 Martin GmbH
6.3.5 Wheelabrator Technologies Inc.
6.3.6 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd
6.3.7 Veolia Environnement SA
6.3.8 Babcock & Wilcox Volund AS
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.
The process usually includes collection and interpretation of market data by using statistical and analytical techniques to support the decision making process.
The report helps in identifying and tracking emerging players in the market and their portfolios, enhances decision making capabilities and helps to create effective counter strategies to gain competitive advantage.
Market research reports provide in-depth analysis about the market conditions and requirements for effective decision making.
The report provides a snapshot of the global market size, segmentation data, marketing growth strategies, market share, export and import information, analysis and forecast of market trends, competition, domestic production, best sales prospects, statistical data, tariffs, regulations, distribution and business practices, end-user analysis, contact points and more.
These research reports include information about competitive strategies, solutions, fact-based research, key takeaways, recommendations, market considerations, emerging business models and market opportunities for multiple segments of an industry.
Market research reports assist in solving business problems and making better decisions to improve business as per the prevalent market trends.
Any person who has the capacity to make decisions for the business must buy the reports. These reports help management in decision making process. Market research helps person to obtain market information from different sources, and in multiple formats. It aims to study supply and demand, analyze data as per geography, age factors, demography, technology, product, psychographic & gender differences, and many other parameters. Access to in-depth market trends helps person to assess the market effectiveness. Some of the multiple techniques used for market research include customer analysis, choice modeling, competition and risk analysis, product research, advertising the research, marketing mix modeling, simulated test marketing, and more.
Market research studies several features of business environment, such as competitors, market structure, government regulations, economic trends, technological advances and financial analysis of companies, industries, and sectors. This helps person in the decision-making process of planning and implementing strategies for their markets.
1. Choose a topic.
2. Make skeleton catalogue.
3. Fill content. As for report content, there are two main information source, Primary and Secondary data collection. Secondary data collectionrefers to information searched from the Internet or data bought from database. Primary data collection refers to information concluded from telephone interview, face-to-face interview, expertâ€™s interview, meeting etc.
4. Audit the report
5. Publish the report.
With regard to information cost, information searching costs the least, database support the second least, and telephone interview the third least. Face-face interview cost higher, in-depth interview much higher and expert interview the highest. A research may adopt all of these approaches, or just some of them.
In general, a good-quality research report needs 1-3 months to be finished. Time and method varies according to different Publishers. Thus, itâ€™s difficult to define an exact procedure or process of making research report. Both time and cost vary. However, specialization has become a basic industry standard. Professional and dedicated products will be more and more popular.
There may be exceptions to this if you place order on a non-working day specifically because our publisher partners are located all over the globe. In case of physical delivery report will be couriered to you within 3 working days from the date of the receipt of payment and delivery time will differ based on your location
+1 (704) 266-3234
- In-depth database Our Reportâ€™s database covers almost all topics of all regions over the Globe..
- Recognised publishing sources Tie ups with top publishers around the globe.
- Customer Support Complete pre and post sales support.
- Safe & Secure Complete secure payment process.