The cleanroom consumables market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% over the forecast period 2020 to 2025. Increased demand for electronic gadgets due to technological advancement in artificial intelligence has fueled the growth of cleanroom consumables. The research and development of better and improved quality of pharmaceutical drugs have increased the requirement of cleanroom consumables in the healthcare sector.
- The ongoing trade war between the United States and China has led many electronic device manufacturers to shift their operations from China to other countries to save substantial import tariffs. For instance, Samsung closed its three-decade-old factory in Huizhou city on the north of China's Pearl River Delta and shifted operations to India and Vietnam in October 2019. Similarly, Engo Holdings Group Limited had opened a factory worth of USD 5 million in Uganda that will manufacture phones and laptop computers. These new manufacturing units have cleanrooms and are urging the demand of cleanroom consumables to provide standard quality of electronic components and devices.
- Changing consumer lifestyles and the increased demand for snack products are driving the growth of packaged food products that offer an extended shelf life and sterility to food and convenience to the end consumers. So, the food and beverage industry are regulated by the stringent government regulations to meet quality goals, improve HACCP (hazard analysis and critical control points), and SSOPs (sanitation standard operating procedures) in controlled manufacturing and processing environments. In turn its driving the demand of sterilized equipment to prevent any contamination of products and pushing manufacturers to opt cleanroom consumables and practices.
- Moreover, the development of the biological sector, rising demand for sterilized pharmaceutical drugs and medical devices, and technological advancements in healthcare will expand the market in the future.
Key Market Trends
Healthcare Sector Will Experience Significant Growth
- The adoption of a sedentary lifestyle has been the primary factor contributing to the high prevalence of chronic diseases around the world that has driven the implementation of technological advancement to develop electronic devices (diabetes devices), systems, and medicine to diagnose and treat the chronic disease.
- According to a report, chronic disease is among the most prevalent and costly health conditions in the United States, and nearly half (approximately 45%, or 133 million) of all Americans suffer from at least one chronic disease, and the number is growing. The most common chronic diseases are HIV, cancer, diabetes, hypertension, stroke, heart disease, respiratory diseases, arthritis, and obesity. And as per the Centers for Disease Control, the United States, chronic disease, accounts for nearly 75% of aggregate healthcare spending, or an estimated USD 5300 per person annually.
- Pharmaceutical companies are expanding their research and development capacity to conduct trails and come up with effective drugs to treat chronic diseases. For instance, Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc., a clinical biopharmaceutical company, will establish its United States commercial center of operations in Rockville to advance the development of voclosporin for the treatment of lupus nephritis in 2021. It will increase the demand for cleanroom consumables like mops, buckets, wringers, and squeegees and validation swabs designed explicitly for medical purposes.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Significant Market Share
- The Asia Pacific will experience significant market growth primarily driven by the high adoption of electronic gadgets across the world, and companies increased investment to set up manufacturing plants due to lower labor and raw material cost. Moreover, rising growth in the pharmaceuticals and biotechnology industry and increasing demand for cleanroom consumables in the healthcare and research fields will play an essential role in maintaining the quality of manufactured products.
- The Asian countries have better research and pharmaceutical infrastructure to conduct research and develop medicine at an affordable cost,. So most of the foreign companies are working jointly to create, and mass-produce the treatment. Around six Indian companies named as Serum Institute, Biological E, Bharat Biotech, Indian Immunologicals, and Mynvax were working to develop COVID-19 vaccines and had joined the global efforts to find a quick preventive cure for the deadly infection spreading rapidly across the world. Further, Cipla, Glenmark, and Dr. Reddys (India based pharmaceutical companies) would start working with Gilead Sciences to develop Remdesivir, an experimental drug initially developed to cure Ebola but is now being speculated as to the best option against COVID-19.
- The cleanrooms are immensely important in the Aerospace and Defense industry to develop products and services that maintain the quality of components that would be a part of fighter jets, helicopter, search and rescue flying boat, engine, etc. and satisfy international requirements and standards. Japan has the third-largest economy in the world, and its technological advancements had led to the replacement of the aging equipment by the new equipment. For instance, in 2020, Japanese Ministry of Defense (MoD) has announced its intention to procure latest weapons systems LRASM, precision-guided anti-ship missile with standoff capabilities, designed to detect and destroy specific targets within groups of surface warships in electronic warfare environments. LRASM was a joint research project by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and the U.S. Navy, which has driven the cleanroom consumables in the defense industry.
The cleanroom consumables market is fragmented and is dominated by a few major players like Kimberly Clark Corporation, Texwipes, Nitritex Ltd., Valuetek Inc., and Azbil Corporation Inc. These major players, with a prominent share in the market, are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability. However, with technological advancements and product innovations, mid-size to smaller companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and by tapping new markets.
- April 2020 - Contec launched new Sterile Cyquanol disinfectant to bolster their growing disinfectant portfolio. It is an EPA-registered ready-to-use, intermediate cleaner, or disinfectant. It is a one-step, 0.2 microns filtered blend of quaternary ammonium and ethyl alcohol for use in the most critical environments. It is effective against a wide range of microorganisms, including emerging pathogens and the COVID-19. It has a 1-minute contact time against bacteria, viruses, fungi, and TB. This short contact time helps ensure dwell-time compliance and, in turn, improves cleaning efficiency within a wide range of life sciences facility cleaning protocols. It also contains surfactants, and as such, no pre-clean step is required.
- April 2020 - Kimberly Clark Professional has donated more than 10,000 cleaning professionals across the globe will be able to complete the GBAC Fundamentals online course at no cost. It has addressed the needs of cleaning professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic and has announced a new scholarship program to help smaller cleaning organizations provide critical training on infectious disease prevention and control measures for their employees. The program is in collaboration with ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, and the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a division of ISSA.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Demand for Safe and Better-Quality Pharmaceutical Drugs
4.2.2 Compulsory Regulations by Regulatory Authorities for Production and Packaging of Medical Products
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Raw Materials and Manufacturing Cost
4.4 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.5 Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 PESTLE Analysis
4.7 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Safety Consumables
22.214.171.124 Boot Covers
126.96.36.199 Shoe Covers
188.8.131.52 Pants and Face Masks
5.1.2 Cleaning Consumables
184.108.40.206 Validation Swabs
5.1.3 Cleanroom Stationery
220.127.116.11 Adhesive Pads
5.2.2 Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology
5.2.3 Food and Beverage
5.2.4 Aerospace and Defense
5.2.5 University Research
5.2.7 Medical Device
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Vendor Market Share
6.2 Mergers & Acquisitions
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Kimberly Clark Corporation
6.3.3 Nitritex Ltd.
6.3.4 Valuetek Inc.
6.3.6 Azbil Corporation Inc.
6.3.7 Clean Air Products
6.3.8 Micronova Manufacturing Inc
6.3.9 Micronclean Ltd.
6.3.10 Contec Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.