The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) is an integrated oil and gas company. It carries out exploration and production of oil and natural gas, refining of crude oil, pipeline transportation and marketing of natural gas and petroleum products. The company also produces and markets petrochemicals and has considerable operations in alternative energy. IOCLs refined petroleum products include high speed diesel, jet fuel, light petroleum gas, gasoline, bitumen, heavy fuel oil, naphtha, lubricants and greases. The company market its products under brands including Indane LPG, Servoxpress, XtraPremium, XtraMile, Propel, Autogas, XtraPower, XtraRewards, XtraCare and IndianOil Aviation petrochemicals. It is a Maharatna company of Government of India. IOCL is headquartered in New Delhi, India.
Indian Oil Corporation Limited Key Recent Developments
Mar 07, 2017: OVL Submits $3bn New Master Development Plan For Iranian Farzad-B Gas Field
Mar 01, 2017: IOC: Tiruvallur-Bengalurulu Gas Line Is New Flashpoint In The Making
Feb 28, 2017: Sanjiv Singh Appointed Indian Oil Chairman
Feb 26, 2017: IndianOil's Mathura-Jalandhar Pipeline Repaired And Put Back In Service Same Night After Pilferage
Feb 25, 2017: L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering Wins INR1100 Crore Order For Indmax Project From IOC
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 - About the Company 6
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Key Facts 6
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Key Employees 7
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Key Employee Biographies 8
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Major Products and Services 9
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Key Operational Summary 11
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - History 12
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Company Statement 25
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries 29
Head Office 29
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 29
Joint Venture 32
Section 2 Company Analysis 34
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Business Description 34
Business Description - Other Businesses 34
Other Businesses - Overview 34
Other Businesses - Financials 34
Business Description - Petrochemicals 35
Petrochemicals - Overview 35
Petrochemicals - Production 35
Petrochemicals - Financials 35
Business Description - Petroleum Products 35
Petroleum Products - Overview 35
Petroleum Products - Production 35
Petroleum Products - Financials 35
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Corporate Strategy 36
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - SWOT Analysis 37
SWOT Analysis - Overview 37
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Strengths 37
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Weaknesses 38
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Opportunities 39
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Threats 40
Indian Oil Corporation Limited - Key Competitors 41
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 42
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios 42
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios 43
Performance Chart 45
Financial Performance 45
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts 46
Section 4 Companys Oil & Gas, Power Financial Deals and Alliances 47
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Oil & Gas, Deals By Year, 2011 to YTD 2017 47
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Oil & Gas, Deals By Type, 2011 to YTD 2017 48
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Recent Deals Summary 49
Section 5 Companys Recent Developments 50
Mar 01, 2017: IOC: Tiruvallur-Bengalurulu Gas Line Is New Flashpoint In The Making 50
Feb 28, 2017: Sanjiv Singh Appointed Indian Oil Chairman 51
Feb 26, 2017: IndianOil's Mathura-Jalandhar Pipeline Repaired And Put Back In Service Same Night After Pilferage 52
Feb 25, 2017: L&T Hydrocarbon Engineering Wins INR1100 Crore Order For Indmax Project From IOC 53
Feb 25, 2017: IOCL Receives Environmental Permit For Puthuvype LPG Terminal Project 54
Feb 22, 2017: Government Of India: Production Performance Of Oil & Natural Gas Sector For January, 2017 55
Feb 21, 2017: Rosneft: Taas-Yuryakh Neftegazodobycha Increased Production By 18.9% In 2016 58
Feb 20, 2017: IOC Set To Invest INR15,750 Crore To Add Long-Distance Pipeline For Petroleum Products 59
Feb 17, 2017: IOC's Puthuvype LPG Terminal Project Meets Opposition In Kerala, India 60
Feb 16, 2017: Indian Oil Reconsidering Investment Plans For Paradip Refinery In Odisha 61
Section 6 Appendix 62
Ratio Definitions 62
About GlobalData 66
Contact Us 66
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analysing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.