Defense Spending in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the defense spending market in Canada
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the defense spending market in Canada
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key defense spending market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Canada defense spending market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the Canada defense spending market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Canada defense spending market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Canada defense spending market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Canada defense spending market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Canada's defense spending market?
Defense spending covers capital items, military personnel, government defense agencies, and related expenditure on defense and peacekeeping. The defense market is segmented to include expenditure on the army, navy, air force, and others. Volume is measured as the active serving personnel in the national army, air force, navy (including marines and coast guard) and other elements of the service, such as Joint Staff. Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2015 annual average exchange rates.
The Canadian defense spending market is forecast to generate total budget allocation of $14.0bn in 2016, representing a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -3.2% between 2012 and 2016.
Personnel numbers are forecast to increase with a CAGR of 1.2% between 2012 and 2016, to reach a total of 69.3 thousand personnel in 2016.
Canada's defense spending in 2016 puts it in the bottom third of NATO spending. Canada is 23rd out of 28 member countries.
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Market value forecast
Market volume forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
General Dynamics Corporation
Related MarketLine research
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analysing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.