Biotechnology in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the biotechnology market in Japan
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the biotechnology market in Japan
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key biotechnology market players' global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the Japan biotechnology market with five year forecasts
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the Japan biotechnology market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the Japan biotechnology market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the Japan biotechnology market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up Japan's biotechnology market?
The biotechnology market consists of the development, manufacturing, and marketing of products based on advanced biotechnology research.
The Japanese biotechnology market is expected to generate total revenues of $32.2bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3% between 2012 and 2016.
The Environment and Industrial processing segment is expected to be the market's most lucrative in 2016, with total revenues of $12.5bn, equivalent to 38.9% of the market's overall value.
The Japanese government is investing into the biotechnology industry in response to rising pressure from China. Biotech in Japan has benefitted greatly from 'Abenomics' which pumped vast sums of money into the Japanese economy.
Market value forecast
Market value forecast
Five Forces Analysis
Threat of substitutes
Degree of rivalry
Astellas Pharma Inc.
Daiichi Sankyo Co., Ltd.
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Related MarketLine research
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analysing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.