"Computers & Tablets" report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the UK market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It also provides forecasts to 2022.
The computers & tablets market will experience modest growth in 2017, as price inflation reduces consumer spend on big-ticket spending.
The essential nature of laptops will drive growth in the market while tablets will experience a signficant decline over coming years as cannibalisation of sales from phones and hybrid laptop-tablets reduces need for the products.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- The key issues
- Market, retailer and consumer headlines
- Market sizes and predictions for growth
- In-depth profiles of the key retailers
- Where people shop
- Why people shop
- Average spend at a product category level
- Channel usage research and payment
- Despite only making up a small proportion of the overall computers & tablets market in 2017, the smartwatches/fitness bands sector will be an important area of growth for retailers as the sub-category grows over 50% over the next five years. This will be driven by the continuing fitness trend, with prominent brands such as Fitbit and Jawbone continuing to innovate.
- The computers & tablets sector continues to suffer from the growing functionality of mobile phones as they cannibalise sales from areas such as tablets. The increased size of mobile phones in recent years, with the iPhone 7s plus having a 5.5-inch display, compared to just four inches on the iPhone 5s, mean that consumers can now watch TV and play games on their phones with ease.
- Smaller brands will be under far greater pressure from inflationary headwinds as consumers will be less prepared to absorb price increases. As a result, smaller brands may struggle in the market as margins are squeezed.
- AO.comís entry into the market will be of significant concern for retailers in this category given its track record for entering previously uncharted territory and quickly gaining market share (e.g. its entrance into the audio visual market in 2014).
Reasons to buy
- Utilise our five-year forecasts to 2022 for individual sub-categories, online penetration and channels of distribution to enable targeted investment in high performing areas.
- Identify the major brands and manufacturers in the computers & tablets market and utilise our in-depth analysis of how and why each retailer is performing as it is in the market to allow for benchmarking and a strategic advantage.
- Recognise which consumers to target and how to drive spend from them by utilising our shopper penetration data and understanding what influences their retailer selection and spending motivations.
- Understand how the online channel can be better utilised to sell computers & tablets items by using our online penetration and expenditure forecasts and analysis on channels and online fulfilment.
ISSUES AND STRATEGIES
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analysing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.