- The technology layer will present at least USD 947 billion of 5G-related investment opportunities in China over the next five years
- The absolute dominance of smartphones, which shaped the 4G era, will be challenged by various IoT-type devices
- We expect the local base station optical module market to add an extra USD 8 billion to the total value of the 5G ecosystem in 2020-2025
- The nationwide demand for data storage capacities is projected to grow tenfold by 2025, creating over USD 126 billion of value in the data center field
- The Chinese semiconductor industry, including contract manufacturers and OSAT companies, will add more than USD 231 billion to the value pool
2 Executive summary
3 China's 5G business ecosystem
4 'Explain 5G as if I were 5'
5 Instant winners: the technology layer overview
6 Application layer stars: an investment handbook
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analysing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.